For a Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
This is a little off topic, but I wanted to just let you guys know. I woke up this morning to a voice mail and I called the guy back and it was a friend of David Zimmerman who if you're on this site in our area you may have known him.
He passed away last night from cancer and the weird thing was I been thinking about him after just getting this SDS 200.I did not know him very well, but from the little time I did know him, he was a very good guy to me, I was trying to by my first scanner I haven't used one in over 20 years and was about to be ripped off and lied to by a guy on craigs list so before I bought the scanner I made a post on here. The next day David jumped in and on the site and let me know hey maybe I don't want this type of scanner for the Cleveland area.So I had to make an account just to message him,5 days later I contacted him and he was honest and legit and told me the good and bad about the Cleveland system and suggested that I buy a g 4 pager if I wanted to be sure I got the system in and to be honest all I did want was the Cleveland police so I took his advice and ordered it.
I knew nothing about these things and asked him if he could help me, which he did.He programed me a card that must have taken 15 hours or more of his time to my liking and came over to my house and spent a few hours showing me how to work the pager.
I learned fast and started talking to him and became a friend of his.Because of him helping me and showing me how enjoyable this hobby is I went and bought a SDS 200 last week and been thinking the whole time how much he would enjoy to come over and see it.
I haven't called him because I knew his mother was sick and he been having a hard time and did not seem to have any extra freetime.It just shocked me how fast your new friend can be gone.So to anyone who knows him and wonders why he has not been around on the site.I just found out a few hours ago and his friend told me, hey let the guys know about radio reference what happened. And I just want to say thank you to David for being an awesome guy and helping me get into this hobby that will last me a lifetime.

xusmarine1979

Oh man. I am so sorry to hear this, and he certainly was a good guy. Please extend my thoughts and prayers and I'm sure he's already bought the latest model and is scanning up there behind those pearly gates. Life certainly is precious and I am grateful to be here on earth, and for all that I have.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
David was a wealth of knowledge and very active throughout all of RR. This post should be moved to an area of the forums where everyone can see and express their condolences. RIP David.
that would be fine with me how and where should i move it too , or does a admin need to do this ?

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
A mod would have to move the post. On several other websites for professional flight simulators, there is a special "In Memoriam" forum where such posts concerning "Silent Keys" are made, and members may add their anecdotes, prayers, et cetera.

BigWonton

Very sad to hear of this news. I had chatted with David over IM a few months ago. He was definitely a thoughtful person who always jumped in to help those in need on this forum.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Prayers out to his family and friends, and God rest his soul. I didn't really know David and, to be honest, can't remember if I ever talked with him, (I most likely did) but we are a unique niche here on the internet, a community of sorts, and we all interact and share information and help newcomers and help each other in that regard so the loss is to us all and he will be missed. Rest in peace, David.

JD
kf4anc

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
Wow how sad. Dave didn't live too far from me in Parma and we used to talk about the quality of the Parma radio system.
He was a great help to me when I got back into scanning a few years back.
He will be missed and prayers to his family.

HeavyHauler

Wow how sad. Dave didn't live too far from me in Parma and we used to talk about the quality of the Parma radio system.
He was a great help to me when I got back into scanning a few years back.
He will be missed and prayers to his family.

He did the same for me and him and I helped each other with our facebook groups. R.I.P. Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.