Drop In Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

captncarp

Does anyone plan to make a drop in charger for the SDS100 so that the big battery can be charged with out removal from the radio. Not a problem if the radio has to be turned off to charge. It would make a nice base for the radio when it is used as a table model.

DMC

jpm

Unication had a drop charger since day one and one is able to use the radio while charging.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It would be nice if Uniden added external battery contacts to a new rear door design but I don't know if that will ever happen.
Maybe if the door clip that is breaking for some users, there could be a design change but unfortunately the clip is not part of the door.

captncarp

It would be nice if Uniden added external battery contacts to a new rear door design but I don't know if that will ever happen.
Maybe if the door clip that is breaking for some users, there could be a design change but unfortunately the clip is not part of the door.
Does anyone plan to make a drop in charger for the SDS100 so that the big battery can be charged with out removal from the radio. Not a problem if the radio has to be turned off to charge. It would make a nice base for the radio when it is used as a table model.

DMC
I was thinking they could make a weighted upright holder without power connection.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
If the technology existed in the door, you could use wireless charging like is used with some cell phones and other devices.
I think that requires a decent size coil of copper be embedded in the device and the charger to work though.

I do agree that it would have been nice and probably easily implemented.

I forgot that I also like the weighted idea even if it did not charge. That sounds like something a 3rd party will probably come out with.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber

DMC
There are no external battery contacts for a drop in charger so, I don't see it happening.

Uniden, or someone else, would have to design a battery, with the external contacts and easily attached or removed from the radio plus the rapid charger.

I'd like to see it, though, as this would be the flagship scanner for years to come. If a manufacturer, other than Uniden, sees profitability in this endeavor, they would come up with it.

Batteries America come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.