Has something changed in Union County Monroe NC cant pick up city/county

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallace2015

Not sure if I am posting in the right forum if not I apologize. I monitor Union County - Monroe NC Police and Sheriffs office with my Pro-651 which is a trunking digital system that is similcast. I used the software about 6 months ago to program my scanner and just recently I have not been able to pick up City or County. The SHP comes in fine. Im still new to this digital scanning and Im not sure if I should be looking for updates and if I am what do I do?

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Not good... so far encryption has been fairly limited in NC, but I'm afraid it might be only a matter of time until we see more and more of the "big E" in the state.

Off the top of my head I know Goldsboro PD, Union LE, Dare Sheriff, and Buncombe Sheriff are encrypted.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Time to talk to your local county people that we voted into office they should at least left the dispatch open. Sometime talking to them works

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
High Point PD, Char/Meck Police Tac Channels, Bomb, Swat
Medic Conference and Net 1
Charlotte Fire Channel Kilo and Conference, and Chief's

WeBeCinYa

That sucks. Doesn't it cost money to encrypt a system? Local governments aren't typically sitting on surplus to do this. I would contact a county commissioner and mayor and voice opinions. I mean I get vice, ops, and swat channels but a dispatch is overreach.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
A sign of things to come.

One county in Georgia is starting to encrypt their fire channels.

Buncombe County in Asheville already encrypts the hospital encodes.

All this encryption really sucks

David

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
That sucks. Doesn't it cost money to encrypt a system? Local governments aren't typically sitting on surplus to do this. I would contact a county commissioner and mayor and voice opinions. I mean I get vice, ops, and swat channels but a dispatch is overreach.
Encryption comes standard anymore and has for some time. It is matter of programming it in there these days.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Yea!

Most of the newer radios come with it already installed. No more expensive add-ons like in the past.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.