Bell fleetnet zone 2 MTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_feser

Feed Provider
I have a bct15x scanner and I have programmed the control channel and alternate control channel as well as all frequencies for the 2 towers in my area (carleton place) as well as I have the TGID 38112 and have the scanner on ID SEARCH and have heard nothing. I have also set the 3 band plan. I know that there has been talk on the channel...

Am I missing something :unsure::unsure::unsure:

bob_feser

Feed Provider
Can the scanner hear the control channels? Are you using a VHF antenna?

When I hold on the control channel (or any frequency) I get the white noise and it shows 3 bars of reception..when I hold on the TGID it says looking for control channel. I am using a small mag mount antenna that works fine for conventional and EDAC reception so I am sure it is not an antenna issue

slicerwizard

When I hold on the control channel (or any frequency) I get the white noise
Control channels don't transmit white noise. You shouldn't be hearing white noise if you are actually receiving a control channel. And the control channel frequency sounds the same as empty channels? That should tell you you're not receiving anything.

and it shows 3 bars of reception..
Yes, the noise floor in the VHF band isn't the best.

when I hold on the TGID it says looking for control channel.
So that means it can't hear the control channel?

I am using a small mag mount antenna that works fine for conventional and EDAC reception so I am sure it is not an antenna issue
Are these conventional and EDACS signals VHF signals? If not, I don't see why you'd be sure it's not an antenna issue.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Just to add to what the others have said, when you're holding on the control channel on a Type 2 system, information about the system/site will scroll on the screen. You should see "SID:822Fh-0009" or something similar on the display. I've attached what I see on my 996XT when holding on a Zone 1 CC on Site 6 for reference. Your BCT15X should show similar. Are you 100% positive you programmed the bandplan correctly?

They should be:
"Custom"
Band Plan 1: Base Freq: Lower: 141.015 / Upper: 143.985 / Spacing: 15K / Offset: 380, + Polarity
Band Plan 2: Base Freq: Lower: 151.730 / Upper: 152.510 / Spacing: 15K / Offset: 579, + Polarity
Band Plan 3: Base Freq: Lower: 154.320 / Upper: 156.225 / Spacing: 15K / Offset: 632, + Polarity

Have you tried using an app like FreeScan or ProScan to program the scanner?

Attachments

• hold.png
    hold.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

bob_feser

Feed Provider
Just to add to what the others have said, when you're holding on the control channel on a Type 2 system, information about the system/site will scroll on the screen. You should see "SID:822Fh-0009" or something similar on the display. I've attached what I see on my 996XT when holding on a Zone 1 CC on Site 6 for reference. Your BCT15X should show similar. Are you 100% positive you programmed the bandplan correctly?

They should be:
1. Lower: 141.015 / Upper: 143.985 / Spacing: 15K / Offset: 380
2. Lower: 151.730 / Upper: 152.510 / Spacing: 15K / Offset: 579
3. Lower: 154.320 / Upper: 156.225 / Spacing: 15K / Offset: 632

Have you tried using an app like FreeScan or ProScan to program the scanner?
That is on the table as soon as my USB-1 cable is delivered hopefully today

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Well don't wait for the cable...it sounds like you're close! I'd go back in and check the bandplan settings but let us know what it was either way!

bob_feser

Feed Provider
Well don't wait for the cable...it sounds like you're close! I'd go back in and check the bandplan settings but let us know what it was either way!

I tried reprograming the Band Plan as per what you sent earlier( that is exactly as I had) and still no change. I only have to control channel and the alternate control channel programmed, I don't believe I need all the other freq. for that tower? that is the frustrating part is I know It is going to be a little tweak here or there and it will all the sudden work like gold...:unsure::unsure:

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I only have 2 frequencies per tower programmed. Honestly though if you're holding on the CC, and you're not seeing the site info on the display, perhaps your squelch is set too high (mine is at 2), or there's something else going on.

DaveH

Is the BCT15 capable of control-channel-only operation on Moto VHF Type II systems? If not wouldn't you need to enter all the voice channels as well?

Dave

bob_feser

Feed Provider
after reprogramming twice...(once with the help of a file import) still no luck...I am thinking there is something up with the network/system

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I’m willing to remote to your pc and assist if your scanner is connected to the PC...if you have windows 7 or 10 you can send a remote assistant request to my email from earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob_feser

Feed Provider
i will have to do it tomorrow as I am going to be leaving soon to go plow for MTO in the Carleton Place area tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.