How to merge / move department contents from 1 system to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a242789

Using the latest version of Sentinal - I appended a new system into an existing Favorite List,. It was added at the bottom of the existing list of systems for that FL. However, from an organization perspective, I want to add the contents of the system into an existing one - they are both Conventional frequencies - I just see any benefit having as separate system. Obviously dragging and dropping isn't possible or at least it is not obvious to me. I don't want to have to type in manually either. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

--Mickey

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Using the latest version of Sentinal - I appended a new system into an existing Favorite List,. It was added at the bottom of the existing list of systems for that FL. However, from an organization perspective, I want to add the contents of the system into an existing one - they are both Conventional frequencies - I just see any benefit having as separate system. Obviously dragging and dropping isn't possible or at least it is not obvious to me. I don't want to have to type in manually either. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

--Mickey
First, open the list in the Favorites editor. Next, open the System and Department(s) that were appended to your existing Favorites list.

You can highlight a list of frequencies in a conventional system by clicking in the area to the far left where you see the channel numbers., If you want to add a range of them, click on the first and last entry while holding down the <Shift> key. You should see the entire line, all data, highlighted in blue.
Next, copy to the clipboard using the standard Windows copy command <CTRL>+<C>.
Then, open the system and department that you want to add them to. Add a single line by pressing the green Plus sign.
Next, click only on he channel name of that blank line.
Then, use the standard Windows paste command, <CTRL>+<V> to paste the clipboard to the department you want.
Repeat as needed for each one you want to move/combine. Once you've finished, and verified that you did not miss any, you can delete the system where the appended information was first copied.

a242789

Ahhhhh...thats what I was doing wrong - I could get them copied in but not pasted. I didn't realize I needed to be in the Channel Name field to paste. I was clicking on channels index which doesn't work that way.

Thanks again.

--Mickey

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ahhhhh...thats what I was doing wrong - I could get them copied in but not pasted. I didn't realize I needed to be in the Channel Name field to paste. I was clicking on channels index which doesn't work that way.

Thanks again.

--Mickey
You're welcome.

SChuck

Thanks in advance.

--Mickey

If you use the same system name in your favorites list as in the database then it will append into your list and not add at the bottom.
This is a pain in some systems that have long names like my local "Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS)" it is ugly to look at on the screen but makes updating favorites a whole lot easier. Note- each list can have a custom name but the system under it has to be the same. Hope this is not confusing info.

Status
Not open for further replies.