BCD396T/BC996T: Help with London Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

stircrazy

I recently aquired a bcd396t for really cheap. I programmed Ambo and OPP without an issue. Now trying to get London Fire programmed is a pain. I tried to program under p25 and nothing. MOT standard 800, splinter and VHF arent working. What am I missing??

stircrazy

I entered all the control towers for East. I tried MOT-P25 800 standard and splintered. VHF as well. I cannt even get the control channel to chirp. I thought there were more steps to it. I have a write up saved and must have deleted it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by "I entered all the control towers for East. " That's one tower site. Did you mean frequencies?

If you're going to use additional sites on the system, as you may know, the BCD396T is a single site scanner. You must create a separate system for each site.

Did you enter in the TGID's? See if ID Search works.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Program system type as "MOT P25". No band plan. System in the RRDB is not flagged as Splinter or Rebanded.

Muxlow

Super Secret
You want to use site 1. Youll hear all fire activity off of site 1. If you only monitor sites 2 3 or 4 then youll only hear the tac channel when a fire truck is in that area. Best to just monitor site 1 so you never miss anything

MOT P25, tick the control channel only box.
Put these in

Then for talkgroups
Alerting
Dispatch
Tac 1-5 is all i ever listen to

Also you programming the radio by hand? Or using software?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
^^ What Muxlow said. Fire doesn't often roam to the other sites, so stick with site 1. I have it my 396XT and it works fine.... No need for band plans or anything like that, and definitely nothing to do with VHF.

wtp

i did send him a personal message saying that he would not need the reband tables as they are not reband frequencies.
i was incorrect earlier as i was looking at the wrong end of the frequencies.

stircrazy

You want to use site 1. Youll hear all fire activity off of site 1. If you only monitor sites 2 3 or 4 then youll only hear the tac channel when a fire truck is in that area. Best to just monitor site 1 so you never miss anything

MOT P25, tick the control channel only box.
Put these in

Then for talkgroups
Alerting
Dispatch
Tac 1-5 is all i ever listen to

Also you programming the radio by hand? Or using software?[/QUOT

All programming by hand. I cannot seem to find control channel only when I create a p25. On my fleetnet ones it will do that option.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I literally just went made a new system in about 30 seconds and it's working fine for me.

Menu -> Program System -> New System -> P25 -> Standard Trunk (Enter)
Edit Site -> New Site -> Set Frequencies -> New Frequency -> 866.0875 (Enter)
Hit Scan.... Working.

Once you confirm this works then you will want to tidy it up. Properly label the system and site, add in the other control channel frequencies, then add your talkgroups (Menu -> Program System -> LFD -> Edit Group). Once you have the LFD groups stored you can switch from ID Search to ID Scan which will skip unwanted talkgroups like the encrypted police stuff.

stircrazy

I finally got it working. Thanks for all the help guys. I had to reset the scanner and start it all from fresh. Works perfect. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.