DMR Database in SDS100 and SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
Is there still a 1MB limitation on each Favorite List for these radios as on the 436/536? Or is this a Sentinel limitation?

Would like to be able to download the entire Amateur DMR database list to a System.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Is there still a 1MB limitation on each Favorite List for these radios as on the 436/536? Or is this a Sentinel limitation?

Would like to be able to download the entire Amateur DMR database list to a System.

I searched the RR Site and did a search on the SDSx manuals and it seems the 1 MB limit on FL is still in place.

I think someone else also posted they wanted to put the entire Amateur database in one FL but ran into this problem too.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

IIRC, in the other thread noted by N0UDG, the full amateur DMR database was around 3.5mb (don't remember exactly, but it was more than 3mb, but less than 4mb). But, you could break it down into four rgional lists for various quadrants of the country.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
You could probably load all the contacts from your state and several neighboring ones. I think the whole US is about 56,000 contacts now, out of 120,000 total, so you're not going to get all the US in one Fav List. But if your interest is in the more local contacts you should be able to do it.
This site lets you pick and choose your states:

www.amateurradio.digital

Status
Not open for further replies.