sds200 rear micro USB port purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardware1197

Premium Subscriber
I'll ask a different way here: what is it for? I've plugged in a bunch of stuff and got nothing........

I need it to control the unit via a PC

-Dave

JamesO

I am guessing and hoping some form of spectral or waterfall display option will be offered and/or a remote head unit.

hardware1197

Premium Subscriber
Bump.

Is there an update on the purpose for this port and to if this thing will be able to be programmed from the rear mouted in a rack?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Bump.

Is there an update on the purpose for this port and to if this thing will be able to be programmed from the rear mouted in a rack?

This micro usb port on the SDS series do not have any known functions at this time.
Maybe in the future, Uniden will come up with an accessory but that's just pure speculation at this time.
I do feel your pain with the front mounted LAN jack. I hate that also. Someone here did find some nice looking right angle RJ45 cables that did not look bad at all plus they greatly reduced how much the plug sticks out from the front of the SDS200. Try searching for that thread as I don't recall which it was other than it was likely in this forum.

Look at post 87 in this thread, it shows a picture of the right angle adapters that user found. Without physically tapping and moving the RJ45 socket to the rear, this is probably the best solution.
https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/sds200-likes-or-dislikes.383181/page-5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.