Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Go to settings and scroll down to scanner information

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep, cold solder joint problem seems to be very random and apparently can happen at any time... Somewhat like a time-bomb. It looks like units that are being returned to Texas more than once for the problem are being replaced but I don't know. We can only hope it doesn't affect our units.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Yep, cold solder joint problem seems to be very random and apparently can happen at any time... Somewhat like a time-bomb. It looks like units that are being returned to Texas more than once for the problem are being replaced but I don't know. We can only hope it doesn't affect our units.

Actually I guess I misread. On the box the serial number starts with 8.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That would make sense, since all units were made in the same factory (the first digit is a factory code, the 2nd digit is the last digit of the year of manufacture).

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
My SDS100 quit receiving so I sent it in. Yesterday, I got an email that it had been received, Out of all my Uniden scanners, I think this is the first unit I've ever had repaired so I went to the web site just to see where I stood. It said a "modification" had been made and the unit shipped out. There was a UPS tracking number. That number had not yet appeared on the UPS web site at that time. Today, I went back to the Uniden web site to write down the UPS tracking number and all the information was changed. Now, it's in the process of being repaired and the tracking number has disappeared. I can only assume the first entries were erroneous and the unit is now in line to be repaired.

coolderb

I sent mine in last Wed. It arrived Friday. I didn't receive any email updates so i logged into the status tracker web page and entered my info. Still nothing so i called the support number. Gave the support rep. my tracking info. He confirmed that my unit had arrived but stated that it takes several business days for it to be entered into the system. He said he would email me when it reaches that point. So far I have not heard back. This is the 2nd time I have had to send it in for repair.

RadioSc

Doesn't play well with others
Im hearing bad things about this SDS100. I'm in the mood of buying a new Uniden. But seeing ya have problems im thinking twice. I'll stick with my BCD396XT

rcool101

Feed Provider
Im hearing bad things about this SDS100. I'm in the mood of buying a new Uniden. But seeing ya have problems im thinking twice. I'll stick with my BCD396XT
Thats like saying my Pinto still runs......Columbus took a chance..... :)

coolderb

The SDS100 is like Le'Veon Bell. Great when he's on the field, but spends way too much time on the sideline for the amount of money he demands.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber

Well so far my new SDS100 has been working correctly.

We will see.

coolderb

Mine worked correctly for the first 4 months then it failed. Had it repaired then it worked for 3 months before failing again. Hopefully it will be replaced with new stock this time and the defective components and/or manufacturing processes have been identified.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Mine worked correctly for the first 4 months then it failed. Had it repaired then it worked for 3 months before failing again. Hopefully it will be replaced with new stock this time and the defective components and/or manufacturing processes have been identified.

When was it purchased? Was it from the initial batch?

coolderb

I called again this morning to check on the repair status. They once again confirmed that they received it last Friday but it had not yet been entered into the repair queue. Once again they agreed to contact me once they determined the status. I did not receive a reply so i decide to call back again after checking the website. Their offices are closed. So it will be a whole week and my scanner has not even been entered into their system! Once it makes it into the system it takes 3-4 weeks before the repair occurs. They must be really backed up.....

mule1075

Feed Provider
I called again this morning to check on the repair status. They once again confirmed that they received it last Friday but it had not yet been entered into the repair queue. Once again they agreed to contact me once they determined the status. I did not receive a reply so i decide to call back again after checking the website. Their offices are closed. So it will be a whole week and my scanner has not even been entered into their system! Once it makes it into the system it takes 3-4 weeks before the repair occurs. They must be really backed up.....
It more than likely is going to take about the same amount of time as before which has historically been around 20 working days. Repeated phone calls are not going to get it back to you any faster.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There is no real delay in working on your scanner. All repair jobs are entered into the system and worked on in the order received. The repair techs are never sitting around with nothing to do...

Typical recent turnaround (not counting transit time) is 2-3 weeks, but can vary based on the complexity of repair jobs that come in, that we cannot predict.

coolderb

Just received the Unit receipt Confirmation email. Whew, that was my main concern that it had gotten lost in the shuffle. I will relax now and wait patiently for the repair/replacement.

starsty96

Uniden also received my unit mid last week as I got my email and status number. However it has been a week and nothing has changed on my end as well. Estimated ship date of April is all it says. All in all, I’m hoping that it’s an easy fix and I don’t have this issue again. I’m disappointed that this happened for sure. I really don’t want to have to send it in again and wait another month.

Status
Not open for further replies.