• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola CAD system question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTTER

My county just signed a 7 year contract to have Motorola install their system to our 800 mhz dispatch center because the Tyler industries one they have is a mess. What changes will there be as far as scanning the new system for those of you that are familiar with the system or have it in your area? Thanks

kjl13

QRT
Is this new system going to be trunked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_Boh

No changes. CAD is a separate product. It can add some functionality to the radio system but unless they have a planned radio system change or upgrade the radio side will stay consistent.

If you don't mind sharing, what's the jurisdiction? I could understand if you don't want to share, but sometimes the deals are packaged as part of a radio system upgrade so would be curious to see if it's like a SmartZone to P25 upgrade.

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
My county just signed a 7 year contract to have Motorola install their system to our 800 mhz dispatch center because the Tyler industries one they have is a mess. What changes will there be as far as scanning the new system for those of you that are familiar with the system or have it in your area? Thanks
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8084 Looks a lot better than our's in Illinois, so if your P25 phase 1 for now, 2 may be better, I think you'll be better off than us.
Scan On.

SCOTTER

Its a trunked P25 system in St. Joseph county Indiana. I did not know if they were getting new radios or what else was involved with the change. Thanks for your replies.

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
Its a trunked P25 system in St. Joseph county Indiana. I did not know if they were getting new radios or what else was involved with the change. Thanks for your replies.
Well Yes they're getting new radios, and you have to decide if your's is capable or not, but I promise it's looks a lot better than Illinois StarCom21.
P25 Phase 1 for now, I didn't see any encryption, so I say you could be in good shape if not already.
Scan On.

SCOTTER

Well Im a little confused Mr Boh said in the post above that its a separate product and this county just upgraded to a countywide simulcast system 3 years ago so I dont know if they got new radios then or not. I hope not because I was looking at the new radios Motorola have and most have encryption.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) is not the same as a radio system. They could replace the CAD without touching the radio system.
CAD is a software product for tracking calls, units, resources, etc. It can send data to cars over radio or cell or operate entirely within the dispatch center.

sfd119

Motorola owns Spillman CAD now. Their accounts, shirts, and branding all says Motorola Solutions now. So before all of you guys jump on OP for saying "Motorola CAD", do a little bit of research.

As for their product....Spillman sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.