SDS series feature request

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I've only recently became an owner of an SDS100, so, I have not been following the developments since the radio was introduced.

Is there a thread where feature requests, in software, can be posted?

My request deals with filters.

I am testing the best filter setting for a particular system/site.

As I move the scanner around, I find some filters work better at some locations.

However, if I'm monitoring a system with multiple sites, I'd like to be able to see at a glance on the display, the corresponding filter applied to it.

In this way, I would be able to quickly single out the site, instead of looking at other quickly changing info, like, D-Error / RSSI values, and make the corresponding change.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Variable attenuation would be very helpful to many from what I'm seeing. With an outdoor antenna, it would be huge.

Per-channel filtering with conventional frequencies.

Audio tone adjustment is probably just a fantasy but I'll throw it in. I wish conventional stuff could be adjusted for less treble, while adjusting digital for less bass tone.

A "silent" function, so that when some channels have positive volume offset, the scanner doesn't continue to output audio with the knob turned all the way down. That kind of stinks when running the SDS200 purely as a server mule where all control and listening is done elsewhere. I actually have separate profiles for in-person control and for server usage, where the server profile has no positive volume offsets anywhere.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I’d like to see an option for some sort of volume leveling. I’m surprised at the variation in volume between back to back transmissions.

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The volume offset function might help the situation if it is happening on different frequencies or talk groups. If it is happening on the same frequency or talk group that is a system or radio issue and I doubt anything can be done.

Last edited:

SlyFerret

The volume offset function might help the situation if it is happening on different frequencies or talk groups. If it is happening on the same frequency or talk group that is a system or radio issue and I doubt anything can be done.

Same system/talkgroup. The scanner would have to do the dynamic volume adjustment as part of the decode and digital signal processing. Something similar to a compressor in the analog world, maybe?

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ubbe

A fast working AGC are the ticket to handle big audio level differencies on the same TG. The attach and decay time have to be adjustable and also the AGC's degree of impact to the resulting audio. All the latest Uniden scanners since almost 10 years back have AGC but I don' know if the SDS series actually have one as no one seems to have tested for it.

/Ubbe

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I'd still like to be able to set individual color display themes at least for differing favorite lists or by service type. Yes, I use the alert lights and alert tones in various combinations but if I'm doing something else or just walking into the room and miss the beginning of the transmission the differing display colors would be a nice way to tell with a quick glance if it's anything I need to pay closer attention to.

I'd also love to have the option to select my own custom colors for the display. The options we get are fantastic compared to older scanners but the scanner itself displays the color code. Why can't we have a few open slots in the bottom row to be able to plug our own colors in just to fine tune things on our displays even more?

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Can we get a new food processor? Waffles are getting old. How about a rotisserie?

You darn waffle people!! Don't get me wrong. Waffles are amazing. But come on! It needs to have pancakes or French toast as well! And it better have separate compartments for my syrup and melted butter. I don't want them mixing until they're on the waffle.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
I would like to see in Future SDS models,
#1 - A Continious Coverage scanner from 100 khz all the way to 2500 or 3500 Mhz. (Cell Blocked ).
#2 - ALL BAND ALL MODE Operation, AM-FM Broadcast (Ferrite Antenna), All HAM HF, VHF & UHF, SHF Scanning, VHF & UHF Public Safety, VHF Air Band, Marine VHF, Military Air band, and Part 15 Radio Devices.
All Mode Scanning, AM, FM, WFM, SSB, CW, as well as D-Star, Fusion, Alinco, P25 I - II- III, Analog and Digital Trunking and Digital Simplex.
NXDN, DMR, TETRA.
#3 - Unlimited frequency tuning Steps and Search Steps for ALL BANDS.
#4 - Built in GPS with WAAS and D-GPS. Ability to GPS Track any Tower or Transmitter (programed).
#5 - Built in Bluetooth Audio with A2DP Audio Streeming and T-Coil (Deaf).
#6 - Built in SD card Memory Management and Nationwide Database and Software Similar to EZ scan. Ability to SAVE Bandscope DATA and GPS position. Dual Record of Scanner Audio.
#7 - faster Scan and Search rates to Maximum ALLOWED Limits. also Multiple scan and search modes (Voice, Tone, Reverse order, BANK Skip mode).
#8 - High Power waterproof Speaker w/ in Line Amp and Audio Filtering/Noise Canceling.
#9 - High Quality TCXO or OCXO for Frequency stability.
#10 - Multi power system , AC - DC and USB power.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Everybody has a dream radio. Mo' betta features always means mo' betta money. buddrousa is correcto mundo, add all of your desired features to the SDS200 and you would be looking at 2k for a scanner. Send me a PayPal invoice, I'd buy it right now.

JD
kf4anc

mule1075

Feed Provider
#1 - A Continious Coverage scanner from 100 khz all the way to 2500 or 3500 Mhz. (Cell Blocked ).
#2 - ALL BAND ALL MODE Operation, AM-FM Broadcast (Ferrite Antenna), All HAM HF, VHF & UHF, SHF Scanning, VHF & UHF Public Safety, VHF Air Band, Marine VHF, Military Air band, and Part 15 Radio Devices.
All Mode Scanning, AM, FM, WFM, SSB, CW, as well as D-Star, Fusion, Alinco, P25 I - II- III, Analog and Digital Trunking and Digital Simplex.
NXDN, DMR, TETRA.
#4 - Built in GPS with WAAS and D-GPS. Ability to GPS Track any Tower or Transmitter (programed).
#6 - Built in SD card Memory Management and Nationwide Database and Software Similar to EZ scan. Ability to SAVE Bandscope DATA and GPS position. Dual Record of Scanner Audio.
#7 - faster Scan and Search rates to Maximum ALLOWED Limits. also Multiple scan and search modes (Voice, Tone, Reverse order, BANK Skip mode).
#8 - High Power waterproof Speaker w/ in Line Amp and Audio Filtering/Noise Canceling.
That's what communications receivers are for and they are already available. With the exception of trunking many choices are available and to add the price would be ridiculous. And item #6 is already available in the x36 series and the Sds x00's series.

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
I would love to have a way to change the digital filters on the fly. It's really a pain when trying to figure out the optimal settings on a multi site system such as NJICS when im either at home or on the go. Would love a quick key or maybe a soft key option that would take you right to the filter settings of the current site you are on. This could be done via a firmware update and would really improve the already awesome filters feature.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
NXDN, DMR, TETRA.
Don't forget the wagon you will need to pull it around behind you. Just kidding but that radio certainly would be pretty expensive.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
The ability to keep custom alerts throughout the entire time the radio is holding on to the channel.
In example, talkgroups that have colored lights / flashing patterns. When receiving these, initially, the lights and or flashing patterns, work, for a brief period of time, then they cease even if there's still audio going on.

A quicker way to jump to the filter section in a FL. Even when the FL has one site programmed, it is still a waste of time having to scroll past the "New Site" choice. New Site? Why would I have the choice if all I want to do is quickly change the filter setting? I'm not about to create a "New Site" at that point!

Same thing with Managing Favorites and the Review/Edit System.
If there's only one system programmed in a particular FL, why give the "New System" choice?

Instead of being able to quickly press down on the top knob, now I have to scroll, often going back and forth between my intended choice and "New System" because I'm turning the knob too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.