Ohio Members county list

ajcscan

Premium Subscriber
Cuyahoga county here! Monitor that along with Summit, Geauga, Lorain, Portage, Stark, Medina and Lake counties. When visiting my sister it's Lucas and Wood counties. Visiting my daughter it's Franklin, Licking and Madison counties. I'm also an active amateur radio operator.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Downlinerz2

Premium Subscriber
Counties Monitored

I live in Lucas County just east of Toledo, in Oregon. I just got a new scanner and had 2 counties programmed in: 1) Lucas 2) Wood

But I mostly scan the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System and includes not just Lucas and Wood but also Fulton County. And I sometimes scan MARCS-IP.

kd8mkg

Reside in Montgomery County

Mostly monitor the local 2m amateur repeaters and HF. I tinker with RTL SDR and listen to RR traffic, MARCS-IP and whatever else I happen to find interesting.

Jmiller6087

Premium Subscriber
Live in Beavercreek, Ohio

Listen to State Of Ohio MARCS-IP system BCD346HP. Has anyone been able to pick up First Transit radio traffic? Greene CATS for example? I know they use MotoTRBO.

k9searchdude

I am new to the MARCS system. Does anyone have the control frequencies for Muskingum CO Sheriff and Coshocton CO Sheriff? Any help is much appreciated!!

northernsummit

Feed Provider
I am new to the MARCS system. Does anyone have the control frequencies for Muskingum CO Sheriff and Coshocton CO Sheriff? Any help is much appreciated!!

Do you have a phase 1 capable scanner?

Go open the RRDB for MARCS here: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6643

Click on the “county” header at the top of the huge table and give it a few seconds to resort by county. Now read the rows relevant to the county of those agencies. That table lists the voice and control channels of each site in MARCs by county. If there is more than one in the county you’re in you may or may not want both. To over simplify this all of the active talk groups in that site will use those frequencies randomly assigned by the control channel, so you’ll want a phase 1 capable scanner to properly follow the agencies you listed.

Then, scroll down further in that website and find the relevant talk groups and add those to your scanner.

If you’re using a modern scanner you don’t need to manually enter all of this, just use something like Freescan or Sentinel and you’d pick the site / agencies.

Frankhappyg

Premium Subscriber
Mahoning county

Live in Mahoning County Ohio.
Monitor Mahoning Trumbull Columbiana Carroll Stark Portage Summit Medina Geauga & Ashtabula counties.
Having no luck finding ambulance (Lanes,Lifefleet,Rural Metro) channel/systems in Mahoning Trumbull Columbiana.
Most of what I find say it’s depreciated system.
Asumming most are running on DMR ?

BC125AT SDS100

mm68gto

Feed Provider
I'm trying to monitor SpringField township Police and Fire ( near Akron, Ohio ) but don't know what tower I've got summit stark and Clark ( I don't understand Clark that not even close to summit county. I also got the MARCS channels monitored. Just not hearing any talk..?

mm68gto

Feed Provider
I'm trying to monitor SpringField township Police and Fire ( near Akron, Ohio ) but don't know what tower I've got summit stark and Clark ( I don't understand Clark that not even close to summit county. I also got the MARCS channels monitored. Just not hearing any talk..?

Well I removed Clark as I wasn't hearing anything LOL. I had that in a different Fav. So I'm back to still not hearing Springfield Township in the MARCS system the rest of Summit county is using.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Well I removed Clark as I wasn't hearing anything LOL. I had that in a different Fav. So I'm back to still not hearing Springfield Township in the MARCS system the rest of Summit county is using.

A couple of suggestions for monitoring Summit County:

1. Make sure you're monitoring the Summit County tower only; it's possible your scanner is staying on the Stark County tower.
2. Make sure all of the desired service tags (Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, etc) are enabled.

I recommend setting up a separate favorite list for each county you want to monitor (one for Summit County, another for Stark County, etc). This way you can easily turn on/off any county you don't wish to listen to.

There is a dedicated thread for Summit County where you should be able to get detailed assistance from other folks who live in the area and may have had the same issues you're having.

https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/summit-county-800-system.256501/