• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Firmware 1.20 and radio ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookmaster

i have notice since i updated my 2 G5 papers,with new firmware is showing the wrong Radio id's sometimes, Radio id's should be 720.xxxx or 721xxxx but with the new Firmware is 733.xxxx or 734.xxxx or its showing 629xxxx or 628.xxxx instead 524.xxxx or 527.xxxx,this is for Unication to look into and hopefully come out with fix for use, just wondering if anyone else notice this on there G4 or G5 Pagers with new Firmware 1.20?

N6ML

There was (is) a known issue with this, going back (at least) to the 1.10 firmware. AFAIK it's still not resolved in 1.20.

cookmaster

Thanks for your reply N6ML I have not had this problem until now with the new firmware 1.20,I may go back to the old firmware before this one,however I can live with it no big deal just checking to make sure it wasn’t just me!

hfd26

Mine wouldn't follow the id's unless there was a gap between radio transmissions. Now with the new firmware it switches between transmissions but aren't what they should be. Also now I get no 2 tone over p25 on the new firmware.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I have an issue monitoring conventional p25 channels. Talkgroup should be 203 but shows as a much bigger number. (cant remember off the top of my head but something like 1604502) Even adding that number into the pager, 203 or the dec format of 8240. None of these ways will show the correct talkgroup name is have programmed. Just keeps coming up as the big long random number.

N6ML

Conventional channels don't use talk groups do they?

Not true. Talkgroups can be used on P25 conventional so that groups of users can hear only pertinent traffic, whilst sharing a single frequency.

That is probably the radio ID.

This part could be true anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.