Newest SDS200's

Status
Not open for further replies.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I received a new SDS-200 today and when I un-boxed it I opened it up and it had the new grounding shield part already installed.

I upgraded the firmware to the latest and everything is working beautiful. Things are getting more dialed in for this radio now.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I plan on installing the NMP200 tomorrow. Does the new SDS200 have all of the black strip removed?

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
I plan on installing the NMP200 tomorrow. Does the new SDS200 have all of the black strip removed?

Yes, the black strip was removed and yes you will need to remove it. Its a little awkward trying to install the part but watch Uniden video on it and just work with it until you figure it out.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the black strip was removed and yes you will need to remove it. Its a little awkward trying to install the part but watch Uniden video on it and just work with it until you figure it out.

Good to know, thanks.

markjrenna

I received a new SDS-200 today and when I un-boxed it I opened it up and it had the new grounding shield part already installed.

I upgraded the firmware to the latest and everything is working beautiful. Things are getting more dialed in for this radio now.

I missed where you got this one from. Where from? :)

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber

Glad to hear that you finally got a good one that you can enjoy.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I missed where you got this one from. Where from? :)

I talking to Rich at scannermaster yesterday, and he assured me the newest units that they got it in had the issues fixed, i ordered one yesterday from them. Awesome to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

markjrenna

I talking to Rich at scannermaster yesterday, and he assured me the newest units that they got it in had the issues fixed, i ordered one yesterday from them. Awesome to deal with.

Awesome! Thank you.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I am waiting to see how many still complain about the hum on the 2nd batch.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Just got mine in today from Scanner Master, and did the firmware update, set the audio filter to 100 like i read on the site, and its doing great, no sound while scanning that i can hear at all. Only time i can hear it, is I’m real close, i can barly hear a hint of it during talking, but 100 percent better.

Last edited:

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
got my part from Uniden today to fix the hum. my hum is not bad so i am not in a hurry to fix it. will when i get time. that is, install that metal grounding part they sent. anyone install one and see if it works 100% or does it just reduce the hum?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
got my part from Uniden today to fix the hum. my hum is not bad so i am not in a hurry to fix it. will when i get time. that is, install that metal grounding part they sent. anyone install one and see if it works 100% or does it just reduce the hum?
On mine reduces, but mine wasn't bad anyway.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ka1njl

I got mine today from Ham Radio Outlet. The Uniden provided "fix" for the reported hum was already installed and it is as quiet as can be. The backlight is good and I'm happy. I installed the rubber feet and I was concerned that the radio was a little "tippy" from the rear left to the front right. After looking at it more closely I think it is off by the thickness of the label in the rear left bottom. I may move that rubber foot and I'm sure the radio will be more stable. Other than that I cannot complain, it's a great scanner.

teknishun

I got mine today from Ham Radio Outlet. The Uniden provided "fix" for the reported hum was already installed and it is as quiet as can be. The backlight is good and I'm happy. I installed the rubber feet and I was concerned that the radio was a little "tippy" from the rear left to the front right. After looking at it more closely I think it is off by the thickness of the label in the rear left bottom. I may move that rubber foot and I'm sure the radio will be more stable. Other than that I cannot complain, it's a great scanner.

I didn't use the rubber feet. I keep the scanner attached to the mounting bracket and use the mounting bracket
as the base. It is steady, and it keeps the speaker up off the table top a little more, which is important since the
speaker on this unit is on the bottom. Plus, I can tilt the scanner at an angle for better viewing. To each his own!

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
I think the four little indentations on the bottom of the bracket are made for the four rubber pads which just happen to be the same size. And as just noted, this facilitates the downward facing speaker arrangement when used on a desk, etc.

Everyone's setup is different, so if it works for you, no worries here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.