Big Daddy Uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Sir I own $13,000.00 in Uniden scanners what do you own I also own $2,000.00 in Whistler GRE scanners again I buy and try what works for me.
I think he was referring to the OP and about Microsoft not about you Buddrousa. Gee, if I had that much invested in scanners my wife would leave me. LOL I know no kids right?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
If Apple OS would run all the radio programming software I use, I would dump MS for good. As is I stopped at Windows 7.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Agreed and it's the same for my engineering work software professionally. Some software that I can't live without at work or home ties me to Microsoft, a company I deeply despise. Life is full of compromises.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It seems to me that accepting bad behavior as a new normal is problematic to say the least.

I don't totally disagree with that, but if you can't cope with it then you should think about buying a simple AM/FM radio with an On/Off volume control and tuning knob, nothing else.

If we demand manufactures to only sell products that are free from 'growing pains' it would require much more time, maybe years and cost much more. As long as we crave technically advanced hardware, firmware and software with new ground breaking features and capabilities, be it our scanners, computers, TV's, vehicles, etc., we're going to have bugs, anomalies, glitches, instability, and failures. If you want to play it safe and buy something where you wouldn't expect this, don't buy leading edge technology. Consider a vehicle that you have to crank start, an abacus, a land-line telephone, a B&W OTA TV, and a tuneable VHF/UHF police radio.

1552757131509.png

K7MFC

WRAA720
Agreed and it's the same for my engineering work software professionally. Some software that I can't live without at work or home ties me to Microsoft, a company I deeply despise. Life is full of compromises.

Getting off topic here..but part of the reason most business software targets Windows is because Microsoft has committed to supporting legacy applications and hardware much more so than Apple. MacOS and iOS are quick to drop support for legacy software and hardware, whereas software or hardware peripherals from the Windows 9X era will still likely work in Windows 10. Additionally, Microsoft is also now at the forefront of the open source software movement; Apple has always been a proprietary walled garden.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
A generally balanced critique, KR7, and one that engages the argument(s) I posed rather than Kevin's ad hominum, though I demur around the edges, and to which I would only add that regardless of ownership and whether or not RR "can" edit content at will (they did), a proper forum allows descent wherever it occurs.

The ad hominem was in response to your accusation of having a thread of yours and all replies deleted...which was a lie. But you seem to be avoiding that for some reason. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm done here. You didn't have a thread deleted. Oh yeah, what is a x86hp???

janetball1994

The ad hominem was in response to your accusation of having a thread of yours and all replies deleted...which was a lie. But you seem to be avoiding that for some reason. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm done here. You didn't have a thread deleted. Oh yeah, what is a x86hp???

Tell ya what, Kev, how about a quid pro quo. I'll not avoid your assertion: a thread of mine WAS deleted from Uniden Tech a couple of days ago, which you admitted earlier in this thread. Now no "avoiding" from you: does Uniden kick in some money here?

As for the "x86hp [sic]," it's called a typo, not a gotcha

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Tell ya what, Kev, how about a quid pro quo. I'll not avoid your assertion: a thread of mine WAS deleted from Uniden Tech a couple of days ago, which you admitted earlier in this thread. Now no "avoiding" from you: does Uniden kick in some money here?

It was stated by the owner years ago that GRE WHISTLER AND UNIDEN pay fees for the use of the database scanners pro 18 trx1 x36 ect if that answers your question that way it works like the premium subscriber works.

pb_lonny

While it would be great that they didn't have any issues, the fact is they do. Either get the latest and greatest knowing they might have issues or wait until the bugs get ironed out and then buy them.

Much the same reason why you don't see business users moving to a new version of Windows the day it comes out...

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
The simple fact of the matter is, production quality in the manufacturing industry these days absolutely sucks. I think it's because the majority of the work force do not take pride in their jobs anymore. And, the argument therein, sometimes you have to think, who can blame them? Low pay, long hours, bad working conditions, high stress, horrible benefits. They watch the clock and fall over each other to go home everyday. There is, for the most part, no attention to detail. And, again, in Uniden's case, their factory is in Vietnam, and I don't think I am the only one who wonders about that. Don't mind me, my mind just works that way. I visualize some Vietnamese guy over there with a soldering iron and a circuit board remembering the stories his father used to tell him about the war, and Americans, Oh, yeah? Take that, from Charlie. It could happen, right? Hey, I'm kidding. ;)

But, not about production quality and pride in the job. I truly believe that is a serious problem.

JD
kf4anc

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

Since 2011, you've had a total of two posts deleted and zero threads deleted. If you want, I can probably figure out a way to post a screenshot of all your posts from RadioReference showing that you've had zero threads deleted.

The last post that was deleted was on Wednesday night and was a reply to the Hum Report thread in the Uniden Tech Support forum since it had nothing to do with the topic. Perhaps you're confusing the terms posts and threads?

If anybody wonders, here's the entire post that was deleted:

"I'm wondering, ladies and gents, why there is all this disappointment and angst afloat here regarding yet another in quite a long series of wildly premature Uniden scanner whelpings. Have y'all forgotten the x36hp launch debacle? Clearly Uniden just churns these things out with insufficient testing or quality control -- this time likely to beat Whistler. Would it have been asking too much, for instance, to pull a few units off the production line initially and check them out? There are Uniden apologists and shills here that think this abysmally bad QC is to be expected. Bunk."

IMHO, there's nothing technical about the Hum issue contained within your post. If you had posted your message in the Tavern forum, it wouldn't have been deleted. This thread is basically a repeat of that post and since you've been able to post it in the correct forum, it's been allowed to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.