So Much For Uploading A Picture Of My Listening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwh367

Evidently the maximum file size is arbitrary. It keeps telling me the file size is too large for the server to process but there's nothing saying what the maximum file size is. I give up. I'm not jumping through hoops just to post a pic.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Evidently the maximum file size is arbitrary. It keeps telling me the file size is too large for the server to process but there's nothing saying what the maximum file size is. I give up. I'm not jumping through hoops just to post a pic.

That's your choice. My guess is you took a picture with a camera and saved it in raw format and that it's multiple megabytes in size. you should load it into something simple like mspaint (comes with all windows, just start-->run-->mspaint). Then paste the image into there, or if the image is saved on disk load it in using the file menu in mspaint. Once it's in there, you can resize it to a reasonable resolution (something like 1024x768 perhaps) and then you can save it as a JPG or PNG. Once you do that it should be well under the necessary limits.

dwh367

Thanks. I finally got it to take but it would have been much simpler if there was some kind of tutorial listed. While I might be really good with scanners I know next to nothing about photography other than how to point and shoot. That's all I've ever really needed to know about it and I'm sure there are others out there just like me.

Blackink

The maximum size of an attachment is 2,048kb and the maximum dimension is 800x600 pixels.

I've tried uploading a PDF attachment, both zipped (1382KB and a not zipped PDF file (1755KB) and neither one will get accepted. I get the warning that the file(s) are to large.
Now I do this to individual members via the Start Conversation tab in their own profile. Trying to send a private message to them.
Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber

Email me your photo, I will resize it, and send it back to you to post

ke6zgp at gmail dot com

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I probably do this the old-fashioned way, but I download to my Dell from my Canon Rebel and then upload them to PhotoBucket, then re-download them to my desktop and they resize themselves from say 4mb to 125kb and therefore much more easier to manage.

tuihill

Same problem. I have a modest photo taken on my iPhone SE but too large for this forum.
Not into photography at all.
Does anyone know how to downsize an iPhone photo without using other software?

bep

Premium Subscriber
If you are on a Mac:
Open picture in Preview
Select "Tools"
Select "Resize"
Change to the size Mike states above
Save and close.....ready to go

tuihill

If you are on a Mac:
Open picture in Preview
Select "Tools"
Select "Resize"
Change to the size Mike states above
Save and close.....ready to go

Thanks. That's easy.
Also found that if you email the photo to yourself from the phone you get to choose the size of the file before it is sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.