• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ksun x-uv68d?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I recently acquired one of these, and was wondering what kind of software and programming cable you use to program it.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Finally, after about a month of being in transit, the radio arrived. I couldn't find the software link in the comments on the YouTube video, and also don't see it listed as being programmable via CHIRP. Is KSUN the same is Kirisun? If so, their website doesn't list the radio. I also can't seem to find the software anywhere. Oddly, the manual says the radio is called the FUV6S, but the box says X-UV68D MAX. I've tried Googling both, and I've come up blank.

Is there another name this radio goes by besides the two I mentioned? The "UV" prefix sounds awfully similar to the prefix Baofeng gives to some of their radios, so is this just a re-branded Baofeng?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed that the manual has no manufacturer’s name on it. I also noticed that the image of the radio printed on the cover has an empty space where the manufacturer’s name is located above the display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE!!!

The seller was able to forward me an email with a copy of the programming software. I also found out that the actual name of this radio is the WLT2000. I don’t know what the name of the manufacturer is, but the email was in Thai, so I suspect it was some obscure manufacturer out of Thailand. Anyway, mystery solved!

Last edited:

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Okay, an update:
My computer--with the emailed copy of the software on it--crashed. And so began (again) the search for the software for this $99 radio. First, I decided to translate what was printed on the label on the back of the radio (using a translator app on my phone). When translated, it says:
"Stepcom Professional Walkie Talkie Model: X-UV68D (MAX Version)
Power: 8W
Frequency: 400-470MHz
Quanzhou Buxon Electronic Technology Co., Ltd."

Why it says that its only one frequency band, I don't know.

Anyway, through more research, I discovered when I googled KSUN X-UV68D, it gave me a website for the Wanneton/Wannlitong UV6F, which is identical to the KSUN. Also, when I googled just "X-UV68D" it came up with a bunch of results for Baofeng and another company, Abbree, where the same radio is known as the AR-F6. I could not get any results for either Stepcom or Quanzhou Buxon.

Although Wanneton/Wannlitong mentions the radio in its product line-up, it does not offer software for it.
Abbree doesn't even mention the radio on their website, despite the fact the several online sellers show images of the radio with the Abbree name on it.

Search results for the WLT-2000 were equally unsuccessful.

As for why Baofeng keeps popping up, I also have no idea.

Either way, I could not locate any software.

Although I know I maybe posting something that might not elicit a response from anyone, this thread does feature prominently in the search results. So maybe someone reading it from there will be a little more informed about this radio.

Oh, by the way, the radio seems to have the tendency to turn off and then on again by itself when left on for an extended period.

Just FYI, the link to the programming software on the YouTube video is missing, so I was never able to try that.

Last edited:

garin92

Hello
Watch the firmware version, turn off, hold the A / B button, turn it on.
Firmware, turn off, hold PF 3, turn on.
I did not find the firmware in the search.
CPS Software Porogram is also suitable from WOUXUN KG-UV8.
CPS for VLT2000, attached.

Attachments

• WLT2000.ZIP
    122.5 KB · Views: 195

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! By the way (and for future reference), where did you find this? I spent two days looking online for it.

kd2rja

Okay, an update:
My computer--with the emailed copy of the software on it--crashed. And so began (again) the search for the software for this $99 radio. First, I decided to translate what was printed on the label on the back of the radio (using a translator app on my phone). When translated, it says:
"Stepcom Professional Walkie Talkie Model: X-UV68D (MAX Version)
Power: 8W
Frequency: 400-470MHz
Quanzhou Buxon Electronic Technology Co., Ltd."

Why it says that its only one frequency band, I don't know.

Anyway, through more research, I discovered when I googled KSUN X-UV68D, it gave me a website for the Wanneton/Wannlitong UV6F, which is identical to the KSUN. Also, when I googled just "X-UV68D" it came up with a bunch of results for Baofeng and another company, Abbree, where the same radio is known as the AR-F6. I could not get any results for either Stepcom or Quanzhou Buxon.

Although Wanneton/Wannlitong mentions the radio in its product line-up, it does not offer software for it.
Abbree doesn't even mention the radio on their website, despite the fact the several online sellers show images of the radio with the Abbree name on it.

Search results for the WLT-2000 were equally unsuccessful.

As for why Baofeng keeps popping up, I also have no idea.

Either way, I could not locate any software.

Although I know I maybe posting something that might not elicit a response from anyone, this thread does feature prominently in the search results. So maybe someone reading it from there will be a little more informed about this radio.

Oh, by the way, the radio seems to have the tendency to turn off and then on again by itself when left on for an extended period.

Just FYI, the link to the programming software on the YouTube video is missing, so I was never able to try that.

Hello, I just bought this radio with the intention of reselling it. I am having similar problems with the software, except that when I finally did open the software, I couldn't do anything with it. A girl from the company gave me the software with 2 options. The one was the wlt2000 software and the other was for a quad band radio which is what mine is. I couldn't get it open without a password though. It is strange to me that this radio I have which is a relative chinese no name, is identical to the KSUN X-UV68D. I say this because mine is a quad band radio. It is supposed to be 136-174, 200-250, 350-400 and 400-520. I thought that was a large frequency range but when I tested the radio, I have come to find that the frequency range is consistent, without any gaps at all from 125MHz- 560MHz. It isn't 8 watts like the manufacturer claims but I have never seen such a frequency range. It is consistent and will transmit on every channel from 125-560MHz. What do you make of this?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
If it's identical to the KSUN, then it is the same radio. As I said before, this radio is sold by a bunch of different brands and under an equal number of model names.
I can confirm that the radio you have is probably the same as mine. In my research, I didn't find any variations in frequency coverage between the different brands.
As for the 125-136 and 350-400 bands, I haven't tested it there. The 125-136 band is AM, so I doubt it can be very useful there. Also, the 350-400 MHz band is mainly for military aircraft and federal government, and there's nothing around here to test FM RX with (there are some Milcom UHF AM frequencies in that range around here, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.