• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4/G5 Firmware 1.2 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
One thing I notice is when I have my G4 and G5 on the same P25 NJ ICS system there is an echo between the two as if one is slightly behind the other when receiving. Don't recall this prior to this firmware. Related?
Are they listening to the same tower/site?

Sent using Tapatalk

markjrenna

Do they both have voice buffering enabled ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same site yes.

I looked at the Voice Buffering area and they were both set on but my G5 had ID Matching on and my G4 did not. So that seems to have been the issue. Thanks for the tip!

markjrenna

Well... Maybe not... Seems to be doing it again. Settings between the G4 and G5 are exactly the same. Triple checked.

daredevil1

And of course the end of transmissions are still cut off on message playback. Why? Super annoying.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Here is a short video of the message playback:
Dropbox - 20190324_204409.mp4
The most noticeable one was when the dispatcher said "you can dis..." (...disregard).

Also I'm not the only one with this issue...
https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/g5-recording.360529/
I am not doubting you or anyone else, I am merely stating that I haven't had these issues with my pager. This leads me to believe it may be a setting somewhere.
The recording in your video is terribly broken up. My recordings have always played clearly and completely, exactly like the original transmissions.

daredevil1

I am not doubting you or anyone else, I am merely stating that I haven't had these issues with my pager. This leads me to believe it may be a setting somewhere.
The recording in your video is terribly broken up. My recordings have always played clearly and completely, exactly like the original transmissions.

Well that's strange, wish someone knew what it was lol.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Tried updating now the computer won't recognize the g5. grrrrr! What is it with scanners and pagers that you have to jump through hoops to program? Unplug this, unplug that, download, delete, reload, shut down restart turn on, turn off, try this cord, try that cord...gad, everything I buy does this! I have tried it on my laptop and PC. If any other electronic device did this nobody would buy it.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
So my bluetooth headphones that kept saying "call ended" every time a call ended stopped doing it with the update and I found a way to almost silence the beep when reviewing recordings in between calls, barely audible now.(y)

atjeff

So I wanted to show a couple of examples of the "Echo" / "Pre-audio" when using the amplified charging base with my G4. I can confirm as others have that this issue did not exist in firmware version 1.1. Further, it only seems to happen at the beginning of a "conversation", once the amplified charger has established the Bluetooth connection, it does not seem to happen again until the amplifier shuts off.

In the video link below you can hear the paging tone for Akron EMS start at a low volume and then change to the normal listening volume. For the Hudson PD call, you can hear "126" faintly before you hear the full volume "126 Hudson". Finally for the Stow Police call you hear "7" before the full volume "746".

Unication G4 Pre Audio - Echo.mp4

In this second video link below, right at the beginning you hear a faint "copy" before the normal volume "copy". For the Akron EMS call you hear "Med 10" before you hear the full message "Med 10's with patient". For the Hudson PD call, it is a bit different, you hear only "25" before the full volume "125". For OSP Summit you hear "1063" very faintly before the actual "1063". And finally for the StreetsB PD, you clearly hear "go ahead" at a low level before the full volume "go ahead".

More G4 Pre Audio Echo.mp4

I hope this helps illustrate what some users are experiencing with their amplified chargers and firmware version 1.2.

atjeff

I am having another issue with my G4, the amplified charging base, and firmware version 1.2.

After shutting the G4 off while docked in the charging base, and turning it back on again at a later time, I will not get any audio. The audio indicator lights in the display on the pager and does not show muted. The audio LED on the amplified charger also lights at the same time. Removing the pager from the amplified charger restores audio from the pager's speaker. Placing the pager back into the amplified charger restores audio from the amplified charger. Everything will work properly until you power the pager off and turn it back on while still docked in the amplified charger. Then you will have no audio again until you remove the pager from the charger and place it back in. This behavior never occurred with firmware version 1.1.

Here is a link to a video showing what I described above:
G4 No Audio In Base Example.mp4

I am curious if anyone else has experienced this issue and found a solution??

jasonk

Feed Provider
@ Floridarailfanning. That happens after new updates for PPS when you have OFF DUTY listed in the controls AND or ... TONE isn't selected in your Zone set-ups individual talkgroups. The alert MODE is the thing that changes it from muted to sound for every talkgroup in step #4 in the PPS AND in a ZONE in step#5 when you look at the bottom for a drop down box, can't be set to "off" has to be TONE.
A well known thing from 2 firmwares ago. Discussed here
https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/g5-pager.362615/

Question - I changed all tones to Default for all TG's - now each transmission i have a loud tone - how do I mute the tone - but keep the audio ? Thanks for any further tips ... I just did the Firmware update myself.

Jason

N6ML

Question - I changed all tones to Default for all TG's - now each transmission i have a loud tone - how do I mute the tone - but keep the audio ? Thanks for any further tips ... I just did the Firmware update myself.

For the talkgroups (D4), set either "Alert Mode" or "Alert Tone" (or both) to "None". For the knob position (D5), the "Alert Mode" must not be "Silent" (if you want to hear the audio).

WaveJam

Feed Provider
An FYI for those of you experiencing the echoing with the amp'ed base, I heard from Unication tech support today. The latest:

"We have found that the echo happens when there is an external speaker plugged into the 3.5 jack on the back of the amp charger. This does not have to be a speaker per say but if there is a plug in the back going to a pc for streaming. Engineering has been informed of the issue and we hope to have it resolved in the next firmware release."

MaXKiLLz

I get the echo on my amplified charger without an external speaker connected to the jack. I also get it when using a Bluetooth headset. Hopefully if they fix however they’re reproducing it it’ll take care of the problem all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.