Greenburgh Police(Westchester County, NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
You don’t know squat, based on your replies. Your a fountain of misinformation. Your standard answer for every post is your an exempt fireman you worked in New Rochelle 40 years ago and your son is a LEO down south. Wow you are a ham. Go get some mustard and make a sandwich then.
Please do us all a favor stop posting you have no clue.

Give him some slack, he hasn't been in the game for a while and has to make himself feel relevant

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Danny37,
Not only am I a ham radio operator, I am STILL a member of my fire department and probably know more about this then MOST people on here.
Anyhow, I will NO longer engage in this thread/conversation so I hope everyone has a great Spring.
Why is it that many of the threads you participate in end up with knowledgeable people pointing out questionable things that you've posted? I suspect that it's more than sheer coincidence at play. :unsure:

Danny37

The LEO showed me the system. Why are you guys so MAD? This is why I won't purchase a "DIGITAL" scanner. I won't spend all that money for a HEAVY paperweight when not only Yonkers Police has gone encrypted but now Greenburgh Police too.
The LEO showed me the radio console and they just switched. I'm no longer discussing this. It is a WASTE of my time.
Have a GREAT Spring everyone.

Remember a couple months back you insisted Yonkers PD wasn't encrypted well this is sort of that but backwards. A new radio console doesn't necessarily mean a new system, if that was the case then every department that upgraded their radios in past went encrypted which isn't true. It could be they got new radios capable of encryption but they just haven't flipped the switch. But your claim is wrong, they're not encrypted at the moment and are still using the same p25 frequency and NAC.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Listening to them now clear as a bell. Occasionally if someone transmits from inside the car it sounds a bit over modulated and like AES crypto, but it’s not.

Danny37

Danny37,
Not only am I a ham radio operator, I am STILL a member of my fire department and probably know more about this then MOST people on here.
Anyhow, I will NO longer engage in this thread/conversation so I hope everyone has a great Spring.

You could be a radio engineer for all sakes, but your claims are wrong. You didn't even verify it yourself. You took a word of a LEO who probably knows nothing about radios other then to how to push a button and change channels. Next time, just say "you heard" or a cop told you so and so before you claim it as a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.