VIPER Statewide Radio System Discussion

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Lincoln County has opened up new talk groups and user ids. 1109996 - 9 are base uids and 28017,18 and 19 are fire, ems tac channels.
All fire ems and sheriff units are displaying uids of 109xxxx.

I've previously heard 'comm center" using RIDs of 1090000 to 0002, are these no longer in use or were they different from the dispatch radios?

Other Lincoln County RIDs I've monitored are listed in the RR Wiki at http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/VIPER_P25_Radio_ID's

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
New Thomasville VIPER tower going up. This will also hold the antennas for the Thomasville ASR site that is part of the Guilford p25 system.
Any idea of the timeframe of when the Tyro VIPER site is supposed to come online? I will probably be able to hear that site, but Thomasville is a bit of a stretch as I can barely even hear the Thomasville ASR sites.

Zbizzle911

Any idea of the timeframe of when the Tyro VIPER site is supposed to come online? I will probably be able to hear that site, but Thomasville is a bit of a stretch as I can barely even hear the Thomasville ASR sites.

Last I heard was the tower was up and they were hanging equipment on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Just some updates for our North-West mountainous counties from some monitoring today:

Wilkes FD, Alleghany SO, and Ashe SO continue to be patched into VIPER. I also noticed that Appalachian State University was using VIPER although I didn't hear much traffic. This may have been going on for a while, but it's been a long time since I've really monitored the Watauga sites since they are around 70 miles away so it's not any easy catch.

The Boone PD and Watauga County Sheriff VIPER TGs were active as well, but it appears to be used for special ops as all normal comms are still full-time VHF.

t7ri3g

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing encrypted traffic on 38515 this afternoon. Not in the database. I assume it's Randolph SD.

Zbizzle911

New Thomasville VIPER tower going up. This will also hold the antennas for the Thomasville ASR site that is part of the Guilford p25 system.

My brother took this picture this morning.

55fcec7e820059ca81db6e10864e7500.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOBEES

The Kenansville site (03-032) in Duplin County has now moved from the 800 band to the 700 band per FCC license WRCP208. The new CC is 773.95625. I will submit info to the RR database later.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Search and Rescue training exercise happening now with multiple counties, NC National Guard, and Emergency Management. Have heard them on VIPER HOTEL 2 (51984) and DPRR 8 TG 1 (51909).

ts548

Search and Rescue training exercise happening now with multiple counties, NC National Guard, and Emergency Management. Have heard them on VIPER HOTEL 2 (51984) and DPRR 8 TG 1 (51909).

Happening in Burke County. Multiple agencies involved in this training.

galaxie67w

Yes, I also have notes that suggest Randolph UID on that TG.
I haven't been able to figure out this TG 38515 either. I have it in my log as "Randolph Unknown" and rarely hear traffic on it. If it's now encrypted that would explain why. From what I remember, I've only heard administrative and logistics type voice traffic that TG. Things related to meetings & training sessions, etc...

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of WNC, it appears Rutherford County Fire VHF channel (159.195) is being simulcasted across VIPER Rutherford TAC 1. Not sure how long this has been going on or if it is permanent.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
No interop silly the Ramsey st VA and the Raeford Rd VA operate on two different freq Ramsey St being VHF/P25 and Raeford Rd being Fay VA Viper #2 it would seem if the were all on viper it would be a little better, just saying

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
So, in Gaston County the towns of Belmont and Cherryville have Viper operations (ids: 18578 and 18990).
Local media reports that the city of Gastonia has recieved grant money to replace FD & PD radios. Including consoles. Any ideas about the county dropping out of UASI and hooking up with Viper?