Nothing to Scan SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Just updated Firmware, and Database my new sds200. I then uploaded one favorite list, and
its now showing Nothing to Scan.

Bob1955

Just updated Firmware, and Database my new sds200. I then uploaded one favorite list, and
Some how, everything must of been removed from the database. I'm not a owner of a SDS-100/SDS200 but I'm sure Uniden Representative(UpMan) or Doctordialtone will be more then happy to assist you once he sees this posting.
This is a GREAT digital handheld so just be patient. Uniden America Corp. has a toll free number of 1-800-297-1023 and then option 2 on Monday. Also you can join Scanner School on Facebook Phil L. (W2LIE) from Long Island will help you get this product going.
Have a nice weekend.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Did you set up any quick keys? And if so are they enabled?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
yes....all the quick keys have assignments, and are checked off to use within the favorites file. I am only using 1 favorite file, but it doesn't seem to be activated when I turn on the scanner.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Would really need to see how you programmed it. This could be anything from not actually including a site (required for programming a trunked system) to using location control but having bad location data, to not having the used service types enabled, to...well there are quite a few other possibilities. We're just shooting in the dark, here.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
This is a working file that they exported, and emailed to me. I imported into sentinel, and then uploaded to the sds200.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This is a working file that they exported, and emailed to me. I imported into sentinel, and then uploaded to the sds200.
If it's a file someone sent to you, is it set to use location control? Or do you have location contro set, and have entered your correct location in the scanner? If the list is from someone quite a distance away from you, and is using location, your location potentially could be far enough away that the systems are not enabled.

If you have "Monitor Off", and that's the only list, then you would get "Nothing to Scan".

eaf1956

Feed Provider
yes....all the quick keys have assignments, and are checked off to use within the favorites file. I am only using 1 favorite file, but it doesn't seem to be activated when I turn on the scanner.
Go into Sentinel and see if the quick keys are checked as in the photo ..
095d53b8d3abfbac14cd6115e3c8e3ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.