BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Missing a lot of transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman244

I just bought a Uniden bcd996p2 brand new, set it up to scan our local county frequencies (Bedford county, Pennsylvania) they are all conventional channels, most p25, i used the freescan software. Anyhow I also have a pro-197 programmed with the exact same channels and I can sit them in the same room and the pro-197 picks up transmissions right away where as the Uniden misses over half, sometimes it will catch the very tail end of the transmission and sometimes it doesn’t get any at all, other times it works fine, and it’s only on p-25 channels, the analog fm works fine, I receive them at full signal so I know that’s not it, I can’t figure this thing out

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Confirm that you've programmed the digital channels as digital only (not auto or analog). Confirm that NACs are correct (if there is some doubt, remove the NAC from the 996...I don't think the PRO-197 does NAC, but could be wrong).

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Confirm that you've programmed the digital channels as digital only (not auto or analog). Confirm that NACs are correct (if there is some doubt, remove the NAC from the 996...I don't think the PRO-197 does NAC, but could be wrong).
The Pro-197, a RadioShack labeled version of Whistler's WS1065, does accept NAC codes when programming conventional frequencies.

N8IAA

Yes, Paul. The 197 does indeed do NAC. Decodes it quite well also.
Larry

scanner92us

Try this Freescan file. Group 1 is copied from the RR database. Group 2 is copied from my PSR Edit 500 file for my ws 1040 scanner.

Attachments

• Bedford.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.