Uniden BCD536HP Scanner Wi-Fi Dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

patthronson

Premium Subscriber
My 2 month old BCD566HP scanner worked in infrastructure mode using ProScan, with “Remote Scanner over IP” to my wireless desktop running Win 7 through my Pepwave Surf SOHO router all updated to the latest published software and firmware. I could record up until an exact time/date stoppage. Now the infrastructure mode sees my router but will not connect. Setting the scanner in AP and setting up my desktop in “ad-hoc” I can connect with the scanner and see the written scrolling transmission but no voice. In Audio Control I get error messages “UDP Not Connected” and “TCP Not Connected” flashes on-and off about every 3 seconds. I talked with a Uniden representative a few days ago and she told me they know of a firmware issue however it appears it does work for some. I was going to order another dongle from Uniden but I see they are out of stock.

Pat Thronson
Babb, MT

Attachments

• Audio Control.JPG
    Audio Control.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 41

patthronson

Premium Subscriber
Update; I allowed UDP and TCP rtsp://192.168.50.xx/au:scanner.au on my desktop through “Windows Inbound Rules firewall” and now have audio in my recordings and all works as advertised in ProScan using the same Wi-FI dongle.

Still trying to “Remote Scanner Over IP” to a ProScan Client. I publish IP, and start serving. I see IP with the published area information on the Client but will not connect. I can listen to other BCD536HP scanners but not mine.

I am using Verizon Wireless and is a dynamic IP. I have tried No-IP but obliviously have not found a solution, any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 24

bravada

Seems like the best thread to ask my question. I using the most recent version of PROSCAN and trying to connect my BCD536HP to set up a Wifi stream and access it remotely using PROSCAN web server. I'm referencing the document created by Mike RR Member NYRHKY94. I'm using a Windows 10 laptop. I must add that I've been using Uniden Siren on my IPAD for months all works good display and audio.
With the Proscan setup I successfully get to the point that scanner display shows but no audio in Proscan. I have completed to step 17 in the document. Red TCP not connected and UDP not connected does flash intermittently. Sure would appreciate some guidance here.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Just double-checking, but you aren't connected to Siren, still, are you (can't do two connections)? Beyond that, I'll let the more experienced dig.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Seems like the best thread to ask my question. I using the most recent version of PROSCAN and trying to connect my BCD536HP to set up a Wifi stream and access it remotely using PROSCAN web server. I'm referencing the document created by Mike RR Member NYRHKY94. I'm using a Windows 10 laptop. I must add that I've been using Uniden Siren on my IPAD for months all works good display and audio.
With the Proscan setup I successfully get to the point that scanner display shows but no audio in Proscan. I have completed to step 17 in the document. Red TCP not connected and UDP not connected does flash intermittently. Sure would appreciate some guidance here.

Did you power cycle the scanner?
Also check that the scanner IP address is entered correctly.

Last edited:

bravada

Yes scanner IP address is correct. I did power cycle the scanner and also tried the setup on a Windows 7 machine. Same results. I am
assuming (hopefully correctly) that once I complete step 14 that I should be seeing a display of the scanner ( I am) and hearing audio (I am not). Volume is definitely turned up on laptop and also tried an external speaker. Attached screenshot shows audio being received.proscan.png

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I see that the audio is okay on the server side so it's just the web page that you don't hear the audio. Did you click the play button on the web page or clicked the audio link that launches an external media player?

bravada

Ok thanks it look like my assumptions were not correct! I didn't realize that I needed to use an external media player to hear the audio. I did download VLC Media player and it worked for a few seconds now it won't connect so I do need to play with that. Is there another media player that is suitable? Also, in previous message, you said click play button on webpage. I have no webpage open, just PROSCAN. Thanks for helping, I think I'm making progress.....

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I believe that if the scanner is actively feeding an online stream (as Bob indicated), you are only going to be able to listen through that stream. The scanner does not support multiple simultaneous streams (i.e. once to the feed and another to VLC or some other). If you try, it will either bork both streams or at the very least, the 2nd stream request will fail.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks it look like my assumptions were not correct! I didn't realize that I needed to use an external media player to hear the audio. I did download VLC Media player and it worked for a few seconds now it won't connect so I do need to play with that. Is there another media player that is suitable? Also, in previous message, you said click play button on webpage. I have no webpage open, just PROSCAN. Thanks for helping, I think I'm making progress.....

For a test, can you try not serving the folders & files by clicking the button "Clear Serve Folder Location" and see what happens.

VLC works fine. I use that and WinAmp. You don't need a web page opened as long as the media player knows the correct URL. The play button on the web page is a built in HTML5 media player. Try opening the web page and see if the Play button works.
If it works for only a few seconds then see if the server side is receiving audio from the scanner.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Yes scanner IP address is correct. I did power cycle the scanner and also tried the setup on a Windows 7 machine. Same results. I am
assuming (hopefully correctly) that once I complete step 14 that I should be seeing a display of the scanner ( I am) and hearing audio (I am not). Volume is definitely turned up on laptop and also tried an external speaker. Attached screenshot shows audio being received.View attachment 69783
Are you using the Webserver or RSOIP? If you are using the RSOIP make sure you have the audio configured under that tab and not the Webserver tab as in the picture you posted.

bravada

I appreciate everyone's help, this has been a real learning curve. I somehow thought that once I completed step # 17 and I could see and control my scanner in PROSCAN that I would also be able to listen to the scanner audio at the same time (within my home network only until I set up port forwarding etc.). If I launch VLC and then PROSCAN it all works fine for 10-15 seconds, then as suggested by UPMan, VLC fails.
I was listening to several of the feeds using PROSCAN RSOIP and that all works good, both display and audio. I will continue on with step # 18 and beyond and try to get this all configured. This has been a long standing project with me for awhile that I am determined to conquer and may still be asking more questions. Next step - my SDS200 using LAN !!!

mule1075

Feed Provider
I appreciate everyone's help, this has been a real learning curve. I somehow thought that once I completed step # 17 and I could see and control my scanner in PROSCAN that I would also be able to listen to the scanner audio at the same time (within my home network only until I set up port forwarding etc.). If I launch VLC and then PROSCAN it all works fine for 10-15 seconds, then as suggested by UPMan, VLC fails.
I was listening to several of the feeds using PROSCAN RSOIP and that all works good, both display and audio. I will continue on with step # 18 and beyond and try to get this all configured. This has been a long standing project with me for awhile that I am determined to conquer and may still be asking more questions. Next step - my SDS200 using LAN !!!
So you have ProScan set up and running on the pc and you can control it and see it. Why not just go to the audio monitor and test tab select the RSOIP tab and click loop back and listen on the computers speakers.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I'm actually a week or so behind you. I'm puttting together a travel trunk with 5 scanners (2xBCD996P2's and 3xSDS200's) that I plan to link together for combined streaming and control for some demos and will have to learn ProScan inside/out (and the other networking steps needed to get everything to work together). Hopefully your pain, now can be my gain, later. Just need to get out of this blanking hospital room and back to my office (probably Tuesday) so that I can finish up on the hardware side and start on the fun stuff.

bravada

Thanks mule1075. I'm getting just a bit stupid as I've been at this all day. Maybe I'm closer than I think! - I'm running PROSCAN now with scanner display active. I click on AUDIO CONTROL on the top row, MONITOR and TEST on the bottom row, then under CAPTURE AUDIO SERVICE, I select the dropdown REMOTE SCANNER OVER IP and then check LOOPBACK box? I have done all this - no audio.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Thanks mule1075. I'm getting just a bit stupid as I've been at this all day. Maybe I'm closer than I think! - I'm running PROSCAN now with scanner display active. I click on AUDIO CONTROL on the top row, MONITOR and TEST on the bottom row, then under CAPTURE AUDIO SERVICE, I select the dropdown REMOTE SCANNER OVER IP and then check LOOPBACK box? I have done all this - no audio.
Yes here is a screen shot of mine.
330776927ea6c3d6b53ca8edc264dc87.jpg

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I see audio present on the playback side so I would focus on why no audio to the speakers.
Make sure the speakers are turned up in the Win Mixer.
Go back to the Audio Control -> RSOIP tab then change the Output Sound Device to see if it helps.

bravada

Thanks to all the wise words of advice, I now have both display and audio working on my PC. For some reason a couple of things were out of whack and once I rechecked everything and followed the directions you offered, it worked! Now to get the port forwarding configured so I can access it from the outside world - then I move on to the SDS200. RR is an awesome resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.