SDS200 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
Depending on one's skill level l,computer savy etc. That is not always the case.
ya i read nightmares on programing these and was very nervous but to be honest if your good with a pc you will be able to do it easy , but i feel bad for guys who dont use or dont know how to use a pc that good then this thing would blow your mind imagine trying to do this manual it must take months.

Ubbe

If you can use the database then it's no programming involved, just type in zip code or your GPS position and mark all service types.
But if you can't use the DB and need manually programming then entering text from a computers keyboard are much easier but the actual programming are not difficult even directly on the scanner.

Choose a system type for trunked and name it and then create a site and name it and enter the frequencies. Look in the RR database for any LCN info that needs entering. Set the rest to search, like color code, RAN and NAC. Have TG search on and when a TG gets active hit E to save it and you can check the RR database for the TG and enter its name tag. That's it.

Single frequency conventional are even easier, just enter the frequency and if you really need it, also a CTCSS tone and then enter a name tag. If it's digital then set everything to search.

When everything scans and your hear stuff you can go more advanced and change service types to something else than custom1 and add quick keys. But the more you add the higher are the risk that something is wrong so always start as simple as possible.

/Ubbe

marksmith

If you can navigate this website to post your comment, you can program the radio.

If you have trouble programming the radio, there are hundreds of people standing by here to help you.

Mark
SDS100&200/536/436/WS1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

eaf1956

Feed Provider
If you can navigate this website to post your comment, you can program the radio.

If you have trouble programming the radio, there are hundreds of people standing by here to help you.

Mark
SDS100&200/536/436/WS1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others
I believe he got it handled with Uniden Support

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
This is not a criticism of the OP, as it really isn't intuitive. But, in general if you post your question here, you'll almost always get a faster response...especially if your issue happens at night or on the weekend. And, if the issue is beyond the CS team's knowledge and they tell you they are forwarding it to corporate...that means they are forwarding it to me. I frequently reply back to them asking that the person with the issue post the details here instead of continuing by email. The reason is that we are a geo-diverse team with some in the US and some in Asia, and we are all watching these boards for such reports. Posting here means that you stand a good chance that the right person (including the core engineering team members) will see the post within hours (instead of what could be days, otherwise).

Nearly every morning I have 3 or 4 emails from the engineers with links to questions or issues raised, here, providing me their feedback, which I then post back, here. I'm not smart enough to come up with all those answers you see coming from me.

In this specific case, had the question "How can I stop the scanner from scanning the main database?" been asked, here, a correct reply would almost certainly have been posted within minutes, as many, many people know the answer...it wouldn't even need to wait for someone from Uniden to see it.

Our CS group does a great job, and this should not sound like I'm trying to keep you from using them. In fact, one of the members also posts answers directly, here, and directs you to call in for certain kinds of issues. For example, while I certainly have looked up repair status and replied to a thread, here, that kind of query is probably one that is more appropriate to call in. Or, if you want to be sure you've exhausted all possibilities after diagnosing based on feedback, here, before returning a unit or sending in for repair, that is perfectly understandable and a great way to use the resources available.

Our goal is to ensure that you are having the best possible experience with our product. I know that sometimes, even the best possible experience falls short of what you really want (and almost certainly what we really want). Hurts every time when that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.