NJ Forest Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJFireD1

Can someone point me to the current forest fire frequencies for the North Region? specifically Morris County

rangers38

Premium Subscriber
Northern Area Section "A"
151.415 PL 179.9 Main Channel Division North
159.375 PL 179.9 ( Channel 6)
159.285 PL 179.9 ( Air Net)

Channel 6 & Air Net serve statewide, but if there is active fires going on you will hear talk on those channels.
151.415 is the main channel where you will hear the "A" units talk

w2xq

Mentor
Did the firefighters get the out-of-control burn in Washington Twp (Burlington County) under control? It was still going on yesterday.

w2xq

Mentor
Tech792, FWIW the one news report I heard days ago described it as a controlled burn that got away due to wind. No offense intended. The Asbury Park Press, picked up by USA Today, this morning is reporting the same thing, now 75% contained.

I am very sensitive to the fact it is a difficult job. I was at the July 1977 Bass River Bass River Fire Entrapment Fatalities (1977) - Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center fireground, working with K2QIJ in Mount Holly. We were passing fire communications on 2m simplex. As there was no countywide radio system, the trucks from the western municipalities couldn't hear their respective dispatchers. I was there 36 hours before someone came to relieve me.

Tech792

No offense taken at all. Just wanted to set the record straight. Since you were at the 1977 bass River fire, you might find this video interesting. It's a complete timeline and case study of the entrapment that day. Very interesting video. It explains how the lost truck kept getting stepped on because all county communications were on one frequency back then, 33.78.

Analogrules

KD2JFA, great info. I would like to see it listed just like this in the RR DB. I assume Division A is north jersey, B Central, and C South? I was under the impression all of these frequencies were just back up to the NJICS DEP tgs.

Tech792

Only administrative staff and the section wardens have a dual band APX with the NJICS/VHF and the NJICS is rarely used. Mostly during a large incident (like last weekend's fire) you'll hear high ranking staff using the 700 to free up the VHF during initial attack. Primary communications is still on VHF.

W2SJW

Database Admin
The current NJDEP listing is fine just the way it is. The main division channels are properly marked North/Central/South already.

We're not going to make the section 3x larger than it already is & create numerous duplicated frequencies on the same page.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ecps92

Someone could put it in the Wiki, if folks are looking for the actual channel plans

The current NJDEP listing is fine just the way it is. The main division channels are properly marked North/Central/South already.

We're not going to make the section 3x larger than it already is & create numerous duplicated frequencies on the same page.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.