SDS100/SDS200: Can anything be done for the first SDS-100 owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings...

I was reading where SDS-100's that are being shipped now have significantly improved the reception on analog VHF/UHF. As mentioned in my post from August (https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/reception-issues-on-analog-nxdn.375717/), my reception on UHF/VHF (especially analog) is very marginal, at best. While I live in the big city, I do not have any problems with any of my other radios.

I believe I have the latest firmware for the radio, but I was just wondering if there was anything that be be fixed/upgraded for us folks to who purchased the SDS-100 radio when it first came out.

Tim

ansky

Does the SDS100 have the same intermod issues on analog that we see on the SDS200?

Tim

Feed Provider
Same here mine is from the 1st batch.Only difference I would trade mine for the 200 just because I am partial to base/mobile models for the desk.

Some of you are lucky, then I guess. My radio is nearly flawless when it comes to P25 trunking. Its fairly good to 'OK' when it comes to NXDN or DMR trunking. When it comes to conventional analog I would give it a 3.5/4.0 out of 10. As I mentioned in another post/rant regarding this matter, I have used it in different locations & settings and its the same result.

While I occasionally get the digital-drop out on P25, there is usually no problems. As for analog, I usually get static/scratchy transmissions unless I am nearly on top of a broadcasting signal.

Tim

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
Some of you are lucky, then I guess. My radio is nearly flawless when it comes to P25 trunking. Its fairly good to 'OK' when it comes to NXDN or DMR trunking. When it comes to conventional analog I would give it a 3.5/4.0 out of 10. As I mentioned in another post/rant regarding this matter, I have used it in different locations & settings and its the same result.

While I occasionally get the digital-drop out on P25, there is usually no problems. As for analog, I usually get static/scratchy transmissions unless I am nearly on top of a broadcasting signal.
Tim
Hi Tim, Yes, that is unfortunate with some analog on the SDS100, but may have nothing to do with build date, could be the nature of the beast with the SDSx00. Or, in your case, maybe you got a defective radio, which can happen with any build date. I haven't been following your situation, have you sent it in? If not, please try that. It will at least give piece of mind, and who knows? Could fix it!
As a side note, looks like both of us joined RadioReference within 7 days of each other in 2002, almost 17 years ago!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.