Colorado Anti-Ecryption Bill is still alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I wrote Winkle when his bill never made it out of committee and never heard back. In fact, that happens to all of the congressmen I write on issues of the day. No word back. Not even on Twitter.

As to this bill not making it, no surprise. This state is sucking worse and worse as the years go on. And only comparable to that of what the current governor sucks. Yeah, I'm pissed. I'm getting the hell out of here soon I hope. This state can turn to San Fran all it wants, I want no part in it.

KD0DUJ

I spoke to several state troopers and they said that they will never encrypt their radios

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
A dispatcher says otherwise, and told me which one's. I doubt they'd (CSP) go fully encrypted. But it's there if they desire.

bharvey2

I spoke to several state troopers and they said that they will never encrypt their radios

Regardless of my personal views on encryption, I wouldn't think that the state troopers or even dispatch have much input on whether it will or won't be implemented.

DJ11DLN

Can't speak for your area but here the Troopers were not real happy when one local city went dark, for the simple reason that they can't hear City traffic anymore and thus don't know what's going on when they see City units running hot or come up on a cluster of lit-up units. They have to have their Dispatch contact City Dispatch (Central, actually) to find out and relay the info...and whether or not the City units might need assistance. Maybe that is what your Troopers are thinking? Just a thought.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Yeah workers have no input on what technology is used and what won't be used. When they come to work this is what they have and that its. If you don't like leave and don't comeback which doesn't happen. People depend on their government jobs.

crazyboy

Regardless of my personal views on encryption, I wouldn't think that the state troopers or even dispatch have much input on whether it will or won't be implemented.

Yeah workers have no input on what technology is used and what won't be used. When they come to work this is what they have and that its. If you don't like leave and don't comeback which doesn't happen. People depend on their government jobs.

You mean like clicking the little lock icon before they talk?

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Sometimes you get lucky and the ENC com is half-baked. Meaning one side in encrypted while the other isn't. Though, a good dispatcher should notice that on the computer and inform him or her I'm sure. I don't know what a console looks like, but I know damn well they can see if that voice channel is encrypted or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.