Gilbert PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
Lately I have not been able to receive any channel other than dispatch. Chanel 6 is car to car, which I have always been able to get in the past. Did the talkgroup change or go encrypted? Anybody know?

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
DOESN'T HURT TO ASK...

Greg,

Thank you for your email. As with many other police agencies, Gilbert PD has encrypted a number of channels or talk groups for teams/situations that require operational security. However, the channels that are used for the majority of patrol/field operations are not encrypted and would be available for scanning/listening. In fact, almost all of our activity is conducted on a single channel (the frequency you called “dispatch”).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Randy Brice
Assistant Chief of Police
Gilbert Police Department

75 East Civic Center Drive | Gilbert, AZ 85296
Work: 480.503.6500
Email: randy.brice@gilbertaz.gov

Sent: Monday, April 08, 2019 8:07 AM
To: Leah Hubbard
Subject: Gilbert Police talk groups on TOPAZ

I am a longtime Gilbert resident and radio scanner hobbyist. I have monitored Gilbert Police and fire for many years. Recently I have not been able to pick up any other Gilbert police talk group other than dispatch. Can you tell me if the talk groups changed or became encrypted? People depend upon information from radioreference.com and it needs to be updated when there are changes. Possibly you can point me in the right direction to the correct person to ask. Thank you,
Greg

K7MFC

WRAA720
Very cool. Reminds me when I first purchased a scanner when I was about 16 - I called up the local PD, asked what frequenceis they were using, and the receptionist provided me with their UHF dispatch and VHF tac frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.