Two Missing Hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettbolt

Two of the major hospitals in my area (Sutter Roseville and Mercy Folsom) can be found by looking up their call signs, WQXJ961 and WQHN480 respectively. Each of them have an on-site tower with 4 or 5 frequencies and hundreds of mobile units.

But their frequencies are not in the RR downloadable scanner database here for Placer and Sacramento County. They do each have a single entry in the SRRCS (Sacramento Regional System), but that is a different frequency and location. I think it is just used in the event of a major disaster.

I thought all frequencies from the FCC database were in the downloadable scanner database? Or is it just waiting for someone to determine and submit the type of trunked system, control channels, talk groups, etc?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I thought all frequencies from the FCC database were in the downloadable scanner database? Or is it just waiting for someone to determine and submit the type of trunked system, control channels, talk groups, etc?

Typically the downloadable scanner database has frequency information people have heard/verified and submitted to the database. Anyone is able to do this after they've heard the frequency is actually in use. If these freqs are being used, and you can identify what they are used for, you can submit them right from the Placer and Sacramento County databases. But, just because it is in the FCC database doesn't mean it's actually in use.

brettbolt

Makes sense. Need to make sure they are actually in use and not encrypted, plus other details before they would be useful in the scanner database.

I'm in range of both, so I'll see what I can do.

kma371

QRT
Those frequencies are likely used for hospital communications (security, administration etc.)

The talkgroups used on the SRRCS are used for ambulance to hospital communications.

Since most aren't interested in business type comms, the two callsigns you mentioned haven't been confirmed by any locals. If you are able to confirm their activity, please submit them for the database. Would like to have them in the DB ! Thanks.

clanusb

Speaking of missing hospitals..... *cough* Mercy American River*cough* why is it still listed in the database? That hospital has been gone for about the last 20 years. And that TG is not programmed into any of our radios at work. I've submitted this correction twice before and it has been ignored?

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
And thus the catch22 of the RR Database vs FCC and other records. If it isn't confirmed, it never gets listed, but 90% of the scanner listeners are just downloading the database and never venturing off course into the uncharted waters, so those channels will never get heard and confirmed.

In this instance, hospital business communications can be very interesting to those "stuck" at a hospital for a few days with a family member or friend. Helps break the long days up in windowless rooms and sterile lighting. Getting those confirmed, and in the DB would be awesome for those that don't realize there is a whole world beyond the DB to scanning. (shrugs)

Status
Not open for further replies.