My DMR quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix805

OK, I hate to ask dumb questions, but..... I'm not receiving anything tonight, not even TAC 310, so I'm sure the problem is on my end. Radio is TYT MD-UV380 that was working fine this afternoon. I turned the radio off and back on to see if that might clear a glitch, it didn't help.

I have a pi-star hot spot that was working fine this afternoon. I rebooted it and it didn't help. The SVC (service?) LED flashes slow while it's booting, then flashes fast. I don't remember it doing that before so I'm thinking hot spot malfunction. My dashboard sees the radio transmit but doesn't see any receive activity.

Any thoughts on what to look for or try next would be appreciated. - Bob

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Same thing happened to a friend of mine with the same radio. Some how and we don't know how the codeplug got corrupted in the radio. He reloaded the codeplug back into the radio and it worked after that. Still a mystery though.

N4KVE

You have to try the process of elimination. So eliminate the hot spot. Use the radio to directly access a local repeater. If it works, you know the radio is not at fault. Good luck.

Phoenix805

Thanks for the replies, I'll try reloading the code plug in a bit. As far as hitting a repeater, yes, it sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately there are a few Motorola closed repeaters in the area and only one Brandmeister that I've never been able to access. I'm not sure if it's not working, too far away, or I have something programmed wrong, so it sounds like a good troubleshooting option but I don't think it will work in this case.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
FYI Brandmeister had a DDoS attack and the system has been down, i think its up now

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Something like this happen to me a couple of months ago,what i did was reformat the sd card and then down loaded a new version of pi-star I started all over and entered all the info back into pi-star like starting all over,im using a Jumbospot hope this helps you out,may not be your problem good luck.......

nperuta96

if we happen to have Brandmeister in our radios should we reprogram some talkgroups or given the fact that its been a couple of days it should be fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.