op25 TRBO Connect Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatbod

For anyone feeling adventurous, I have implemented just about enough TRBO Connect Plus trunking in the boatbod op25 fork that it should be able to track a system. For this to work, you either need 2 separate RTL devices or 1 wide-band sdr that is capable of receiving an entire system when parked on a center frequency. I have tested the code on my local electric cooperative with two cheapie RTL dongles and also an Airspy Mini. Configuration is a little different, depending which way you go.

I have added a "README-dmr" and two sample configuration files (" dmr_rtl_example.json" and "dmr_airspy_example.json") which are hopefully sufficiently self-explanatory to act as a starting point.

Due to the need to run 2 separate demodulator/decoder chains, I doubt a RPi3 will have enough cpu horsepower unless you turn down logging and turn all plots off. On hardware where this isn't a problem, it's nice to have the FFT plots running so you can see which frequencies are being tuned at any given time for both the control channel and voice channel.

I'm open for feedback, especially if you experience crashes/tracebacks, but please hold off any feature requests for the time being as my plate is quite full enough already!
Graham

Note: if you haven't pulled a repo update in a while, be aware that there were some interface changes between Python and C++ so the best course of action is to run the following commands:
Code:
cd ~/op25/build
git pull
make clean
cmake ../
make
sudo make install

mike021361

Hello Boatbod,
I've been running multi_rx on this system https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=26840 about 36 hours.
Leap 15.0 on a 2 core processor @ 2.5 GHz and 2 GB ram. At -v 9 LCN2 and LCN3 seemed reversed from the database.
Quick question - in the verbose output is CC() the color code? If so should I plug that value in to the .json? All are set at 0 now.
Can't thank you enough for your work.

boatbod

Hello Boatbod,
I've been running multi_rx on this system https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=26840 about 36 hours.
Leap 15.0 on a 2 core processor @ 2.5 GHz and 2 GB ram. At -v 9 LCN2 and LCN3 seemed reversed from the database.
Quick question - in the verbose output is CC() the color code? If so should I plug that value in to the .json? All are set at 0 now.
Can't thank you enough for your work.
The LCN's in RRDB are most certainly not all correct. Switch them around in your config, run for a while and submit an update. All I can say is that Con+ grants just send an LCN and Slot with no notion of the actual frequency. It's up to you to figure out the ordering and make a suitable config.

The tk_trbo code does attempt to find an active LCN (by sequential search) if the initial attempt times out. It's not optimal but I guess better than sitting on the inactive channel forever.

boatbod

I'm assuming that this is just Connect Plus right now and not Capacity Plus?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes that is correct. I'm actually not sure if Cap+ will work at the moment, given the length of time it takes the fsk4 demodulator to lock and sync to be established. From my current understanding, the rest channel only broadcasts a short burst every couple seconds, but it takes ~400msec to establish sync from the time the signal appears.

NebraskaCoder

Yes that is correct. I'm actually not sure if Cap+ will work at the moment, given the length of time it takes the fsk4 demodulator to lock and sync to be established. From my current understanding, the rest channel only broadcasts a short burst every couple seconds, but it takes ~400msec to establish sync from the time the signal appears.
Thank you! Hopefully some day then.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.