Conventional & trunk systems programmed (sds100) in same favorites list. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayradiodogs

I programmed a trunked system using the full database, as always. It worked fine. Later I appended a conventional channel, also from the full database. When I scanned that favs list, only the conventional channel would work, not the trunked talk group. And I heard activity on the trunked group on my other scanner.
Any thoughts will be most appreciated.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Is it still scanning the trunked system like normal? when you first put the trunked system on your scanner, did you make any changes to the scanner manually to get it to work?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A Favorites List can consist of several Systems. You can have Trunked Systems and you can have Conventional Systems, as long as they are separated into their own System.

You cannot add conventional frequencies to a trunking system or trunking "stuff" to a conventional system. You cannot blend different types of trunked systems into one, either.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I programmed a trunked system using the full database, as always. It worked fine. Later I appended a conventional channel, also from the full database. When I scanned that favs list, only the conventional channel would work, not the trunked talk group. And I heard activity on the trunked group on my other scanner.
Any thoughts will be most appreciated.
When you appended the conventional channel, did you add it to the same Favorites list that the trunked system was added to? Or did you create a new Favorite for it.

Is your profile in Sentinel set to download and monitor both lists (if your conventional is not on the same ist as the trunked system)?
Any chance the TRS (or it's list, if separate) might have been set to Avoid in error?

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you attached the conventional channel to a new favorites list and assigned both favorites lists the same quick key, that is a problem. Two favorites lists cannot share the same quick key. If both systems are on the same favorites list and both have quick keys, both have to be turned on. You can assign more than one system to the same quick key. Also, make sure that the site on the trunking system is active.

teknishun

A Favorites List can consist of several Systems. You can have Trunked Systems and you can have Conventional Systems, as long as they are separated into their own System.

You cannot add conventional frequencies to a trunking system or trunking "stuff" to a conventional system. You cannot blend different types of trunked systems into one, either.

Outstanding answer! That clarifies everything. Thank you very much!!

2wayradiodogs

If you attached the conventional channel to a new favorites list and assigned both favorites lists the same quick key, that is a problem. Two favorites lists cannot share the same quick key. If both systems are on the same favorites list and both have quick keys, both have to be turned on. You can assign more than one system to the same quick key. Also, make sure that the site on the trunking system is active.
No quick key. Both the trunked system and the one conventional channel are on the same favs list. I appended the conventional channel to that existing favs list, which already contained the trunked system. No avoids.

2wayradiodogs

Is it still scanning the trunked system like normal? when you first put the trunked system on your scanner, did you make any changes to the scanner manually to get it to work?
No changes, and before adding the one conventional channel the trunked system scanned normally.

2wayradiodogs

Outstanding answer! That clarifies everything. Thank you very much!!
Thanks again. This makes sense. So it would seem that when a conventional channel is added to a P25 trunked system, or vice versa, it is the trunked system that will not scan? Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.