Buying SDS 100 from seller on Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkimrey

Does anyone know if "Police Scanner Outlet" is an authorized Uniden seller?

I'd like to purchase from Amazon to take advantage of zero interest financing and the seller says they are an authorized seller; just wanted to verify first...

Thanks.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Amazon's website is showing them as authorized but you might want to give them a call to verify. Lots of shady stuff going on with outside-sellers on Amazon.

Last edited:

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
As long as the unit is listed as new and is not in liquidation, used or refurbished, we will honor our warranty. While we do have some retailers you could count as 'authorized" that we sell directly to, most of our product goes through distributors and because of that, there are many retailers that sell our product. Instead of micromanaging, we have a pretty open warranty policy that favors the customer as long as they have a good proof of purchase.

bstanleyWFD

I have used Amazon for both my SDS100, and most recently (2 days ago) my SDS200, and it was through "Police Scanner Outlet". I have zero issues with them, and it was delivered within 24 hrs. I definitely would feel comfortable ordering through them.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
As long as the unit is listed as new and is not in liquidation, used or refurbished, we will honor our warranty. While we do have some retailers you could count as 'authorized" that we sell directly to, most of our product goes through distributors and because of that, there are many retailers that sell our product. Instead of micromanaging, we have a pretty open warranty policy that favors the customer as long as they have a good proof of purchase.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):):):):)

Bravo Uniden!!!!!!!

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):):):)

Joe_Blough

I saw you can buy them from Walmart shipped to your house for free or shipped to store for pickup. I don't know where they get them from but if I am reading Walmart's return policy correctly, you have 90 days to return it for a refund or exchange and this is from Walmart, not the third party vendors on their site.

MrThompson

Been there, done that and had a problem radio. Police Scanner Outlet/Bearcat Warehouse is a fine and very professional outfit. I'd much rather deal with them than a corporate monster that doesn't give a hoot about scanning.

Joe_Blough

90 days no questions asked return policy just by wakking in the store. No need to ship it back or pay to ship it to Uniden for warranty service at your expense on day 31 of owning it. Yeah, go deal with your 30 day restocking fee return policy and hope you don't get the hum on day 31. Walmart also have cheap extended warranties if you don't have a credit card that gives you a 24 month extended warranty for free.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I saw you can buy them from Walmart shipped to your house for free or shipped to store for pickup. I don't know where they get them from but if I am reading Walmart's return policy correctly, you have 90 days to return it for a refund or exchange and this is from Walmart, not the third party vendors on their site.
I could be mistaken, and it may even depend on the area, but Walmart's return policy is different for electronics, though i'm not sure if that applies to our scanners.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I could be mistaken, and it may even depend on the area, but Walmart's return policy is different for electronics, though i'm not sure if that applies to our scanners.
Looking at Wlamart's site, it appears that what scanners that are listed are actually being sold by 'marketplace' dealers, not Walmart itself. Pick a single scanner model, such as the 996P2 or 536HP, and you'll find multiple listings, with prices varying by $50 or more. I could have overlooked them, but I did not notice either the SDS100 or SDS200. But they lump a lot of unrelated items into the "radio scanners" category, spread over multiple pages.

Joe_Blough

Looking at Wlamart's site, it appears that what scanners that are listed are actually being sold by 'marketplace' dealers, not Walmart itself. Pick a single scanner model, such as the 996P2 or 536HP, and you'll find multiple listings, with prices varying by $50 or more. I could have overlooked them, but I did not notice either the SDS100 or SDS200. But they lump a lot of unrelated items into the "radio scanners" category, spread over multiple pages.

Although you are correct about the 996P2 an 536HP, I was replying to this thread about the SDS100 scanner. Although there are also 3rd party sellers, the SDS100 and SDS200 can be bought directly from Walmart. "Sold and Shipped by Walmart". You get a 90 day return period and can opt for a 3 year protection plan for $58 backed by Allstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.