OP25 audio volume control

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokoa3116

Hi again, everything has been working quite well, I super appreciate all the changes and improvements you have made. I have my output set to an alsa loopback device and using 5 gain because it is otherwise not possible to hear, but my issue is that it distorts/clipps. How can i have it so it is loud enough to hear, but does not distorts?

boatbod

Hi again, everything has been working quite well, I super appreciate all the changes and improvements you have made. I have my output set to an alsa loopback device and using 5 gain because it is otherwise not possible to hear, but my issue is that it distorts/clipps. How can i have it so it is loud enough to hear, but does not distorts?
If it's clipping it's because the audio samples are reaching the max pcm value which means your gain is set too high.

For low overall audio with occasional high peaks, you may consider liquidsoap (instead of loopback) and one of its audio processing (agc) routines.

nokoa3116

I setup liquidsoap with all default values but the icecast server, I changed that to my broadcastify info. It is working it is streaming. I think it might be a little too quiet.

-x in the rx.py thing, will that work for liquidsoap?

boatbod

I setup liquidsoap with all default values but the icecast server, I changed that to my broadcastify info. It is working it is streaming. I think it might be a little too quiet.

-x in the rx.py thing, will that work for liquidsoap?
You can use the -x in the liquidsoap script on the audio.py command line. It's also possible to do all sorts of audio processing inside liquidsoap; in particular you might investigate the "compress" option.

Status
Not open for further replies.