MARCS Freq Preble County

Status
Not open for further replies.

node1

Premium Subscriber
Looking for but can not find on RR the Freq for Preble County Ohio, City of Eaton Ohio and the OSP for Dist 5 Piqua Post. I have looked twice for these and have not been able to find them.

budevans

Looking for but can not find on RR the Freq for Preble County Ohio, City of Eaton Ohio and the OSP for Dist 5 Piqua Post. I have looked twice for these and have not been able to find them.

Here's a link to the MARCS-IP database: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6643

Here are two screen shots from the DB for Preble County. But, I'm not seeing the OSP that you are looking for listed.

Attachments

• PrebleCnty.jpg
    PrebleCnty.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 139
  • PrebleCnty2.jpg
    PrebleCnty2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 144

budevans

It's there under OSP District 5 Talkgroups

Good catch. I totally forgot about OSP having their own listing. He now has the link for MARCS, the Frequencies and where to find the OSP Talk Group.

Attachments

• OSPPiqua.jpg
    OSPPiqua.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
As budevans and W8SQY gave you the information for the County stuff on MARCS... I just want to throw this out there...

You asked for "City of Eaton"; if so, they are still on their VHF radios - not sure when, or IF, they will switch-over to MARCS with the County, and....

If you are wanting the info for OSP that covers Preble County; you should plug in the OSP District 5 Post 57 (Dayton) TGs.....

Hope this helps,

node1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info on Eaton OH VHF that help on that. I seen the info in the OSP and Sheriff Dept. but it list the DEC info and I was looking for the 7XX.XXXXX freq numbers because I program them manually.

Thank You
Ned Hines

budevans

You need a P25 Capable Scanner to Monitor MARCS

Thanks for the info on Eaton OH VHF that help on that. I seen the info in the OSP and Sheriff Dept. but it list the DEC info and I was looking for the 7XX.XXXXX freq numbers because I program them manually.

Thank You
Ned Hines

Ned, MARCS-IP is a P25 Trunk system. So OSP and the Sheriff don't have dedicated frequencies. P25 Systems use Control Channels to tell a P25 capable scanner what frequency to go to.

The DEC number is a Talk Group, which is some times referred to as a Virtual Channel. When a member of a Talk Group keys their mike, the Trunk System Controller assigns it a frequency. Your scanner will see the frequency that is assigned and will let your scanner monitor that Talk Group.

If you look at my first post you will see the Control Frequency in RED and the Alternate Control Frequency in Blue for each Site. Those are the only frequencies that you need to enter into a P25 scanner to monitor a MARCS P25 System.

Last edited:

NSfan98

Premium Subscriber
As budevans and W8SQY gave you the information for the County stuff on MARCS... I just want to throw this out there...

You asked for "City of Eaton"; if so, they are still on their VHF radios - not sure when, or IF, they will switch-over to MARCS with the County, and....

If you are wanting the info for OSP that covers Preble County; you should plug in the OSP District 5 Post 57 (Dayton) TGs.....

Hope this helps,

Actually as far as I know, Eaton Police is encrypted. They were operating on 151.1825, and when the "County Merger" happened, everything on that channel went silent. Every so often, I'll hear this bizarre digitalized racket.
Preble County Fire, gets dispatches on 159.3825, but 98% of the operations are on 700MHz.

NN8N

Actually as far as I know, Eaton Police is encrypted. They were operating on 151.1825, and when the "County Merger" happened, everything on that channel went silent. Every so often, I'll hear this bizarre digitalized racket.
Preble County Fire, gets dispatches on 159.3825, but 98% of the operations are on 700MHz.
The merger was delayed because of delays in merging records and upgrading the CAD system, also EPD never went encrypted, at some point over the summer they shifted dispatch to the TAC frequency (151.0175), I never heard why, but I would guess something broke and they decided not to fix it (since the merger is coming). In the past month EPD dispatch again moved, this time to the old Preble County VHF system where they’ve been using the old Sheriff’s Dispatch freq (155.61). Again, I never heard why but it should only be temporary. EPD dispatch is scheduled be merged into the PCSO dispatch center on May 1. Post merge they will be using MARCS and much of the old VHF system will be decommissioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

NSfan98

Premium Subscriber
The merger was delayed because of delays in merging records and upgrading the CAD system, also EPD never went encrypted, at some point over the summer they shifted dispatch to the TAC frequency (151.0175), I never heard why, but I would guess something broke and they decided not to fix it (since the merger is coming). In the past month EPD dispatch again moved, this time to the old Preble County VHF system where they’ve been using the old Sheriff’s Dispatch freq (155.61). Again, I never heard why but it should only be temporary. EPD dispatch is scheduled be merged into the PCSO dispatch center on May 1. Post merge they will be using MARCS and much of the old VHF system will be decommissioned.

Aha, that makes sense. I finally did figure out they switched over to the TAC channel, and then over to the old analog channel.
A friend of mine did inform me that the merger will occur soon. My question now is, what are the TGID's going to be for EFD/EFD TAC & EPD once they switch over to MARCS?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
"NSfan98, post: My question now is, what are the TGID's going to be for EFD/EFD TAC & EPD once they switch over to MARCS?

They should all be in the 41xxx county sequencing range.

NSfan98

Premium Subscriber

Hope this helps,

Got an update for you, chief. The City of Eaton is switching over to MARCS-IP on the 28th of May. 159.3825 (County FD) will stay 'online' for simulcast to MARCS.
Only "issue" at this point is getting the TGID for EPD. As radioscan said above, they ID should be 41x, but my main scanner is decommissioned due to the LCD being broken. So until I get it fixed, I can't do any TGID scans. Any help on that end would be appreciated for any of you Preble scanners!

NN8N

Any help on that end would be appreciated for any of you Preble scanners!

I’ve been running discovery with an HP1 on the West Alex site since early May in anticipation of the change over, there are a few newer 41xxx groups that had hits, but only test traffic. I’ll update once it’s more clear.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
I’ve been running discovery with an HP1 on the West Alex site since early May in anticipation of the change over, there are a few newer 41xxx groups that had hits, but only test traffic. I’ll update once it’s more clear.

No need to, at least for now... They are being dispatched by County on TG 54854, using their County-assigned 12xx series ID's....

As far as those newer ID's; I've logged them too, throughout the last year using Unitrunker and DSD+...

In the future, they may move, or be moved, but for now, they can be found on the County Primary....

Additionally, they are using the Dispatch 2 TG more frequently now, than ever before...

Dave T.

NN8N

No need to, at least for now... They are being dispatched by County on TG 54854, using their County-assigned 12xx series ID's....

Yup, that’s why I never really replied, they tend to be using dispatch 2 for records and lower priority traffic (or like Friday as the backup when Dispatch 1 is restricted to a particular incident)

Status
Not open for further replies.