Questions on the Uniden BC75XLT power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sporadic E enthusiast
I want to buy two of them. I want to use AC power only. What do I need? The owner's manual don't say much for AC power.

scanner.JPGscanner 2.JPGscanner 3.JPG

I do have a 4 outlet strip surge protector with two USB Ports. The ports are labeled 2.4 A. Will this work for me? If not what do I need.

I do have a 4 outlet strip surge protector with two USB Ports. The ports are labeled 2.4 A. Will this work for me? If not what do I need.

Yes, based upon 500ma for the scanner and 2.4A for the supply

Sporadic E enthusiast
Does it need the batteries installed or will it power up without the batteries?

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
USB is a standardized connection. Anything with a USB port should have the proper voltage so you should be able to power the scanner from any USB port, however I would stay away from anything labeled as fast charging because that can be hard on batteries that are not made to be fast charged.

you do not need batteries in your device to run it.

Scan125

The UBC125XLT also works OK on USB power with no installed batteries.

I would go a step further and suggest that if you do a lot of USB connected operation then then remove the batteries or set the charge time to the lowest time available to protect your batteries from overcharging damage.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The scanner controls the rate of charge, so any adapter will work. I'd stay away from cheap adapters of any current rating, as they are more prone to be RF noisy and subject to failure.

Actually, even good USB adapters are RF noisy enough that you can't use them to power an AM radio...

Sporadic E enthusiast
AC power only, no batteries, no charging. These scanners will be turned on till they die.

Scan125

Anybody here with some real info on this scanner?

What are you looking for? What do you have issues with?

The BC75XLT is/was the foundation for the 125 series. The 125 series basically added a better display and more memories. Beyond that I don't believe there were any other significant changes. With this in mind I suspect that the 75 will run with no batteries as long as it is powered by a USB cable.

Sporadic E enthusiast
What are you looking for? What do you have issues with?

The BC75XLT is/was the foundation for the 125 series. The 125 series basically added a better display and more memories. Beyond that I don't believe there were any other significant changes. With this in mind I suspect that the 75 will run with no batteries as long as it is powered by a USB cable.
I want to use AC power only. What do I need?

Scan125

All you then need is a USB Power Source. This could be a USB port on your PC or USB external hub or USB standalone charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.