New Lincoln / Lancaster County P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

aandersen55

As of today (4/17/2019), LE users have all migrated and the bridges to EDACS are gone. No LE traffic is on EDACS tonight. All is encrypted and on the new P25 system. LPD/LSO/UNLPD. Only way to listen now is via the offical feed the city puts online with a 10 minute delay for LE now.

Last edited:

NebraskaCoder

As of today (4/19/2019), LE users have all migrated and the bridges to EDACS are gone. No LE traffic is on EDACS tonight. All is encrypted and on the new P25 system. LPD/LSO/UNLPD. Only way to listen now is via the offical feed the city puts online with a 10 minute delay for LE now.
I think you have your dates messed up. It is only midnight on the 18th, not 19th.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Are county and city services planning to move to the Nebraska SRS too? There were rumors in the past of building a separate DMR trunked system for public works, schools, StarTran, etc.

aandersen55

Are county and city services planning to move to the Nebraska SRS too? There were rumors in the past of building a separate DMR trunked system for public works, schools, StarTran, etc.
Last I heard, they are all going P25 as well, but don't need the same level of radios. They can use cheaper radios that are in P25 compliance since they don't need to meet the same standards as a fire fighters or police officers.

scanomaha

short answer>> There is NO scanner on the market that can decode encryption. As you can see listed on the Nebraska State Radio system LPD and LCSO law dispatch talkgroups are listed as "DE"...which means Encrypted :(:eek:

Nebraska State Radio system is using AES 256 encryption.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6699

Yesterday, Lincoln turned off the Law Enforcement patches to the old EDACS system. As of now, all Law Enforcement users are active on the Nebraska State Radio System.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6699

All of this means the end of listening to Lincoln Police and Lancaster County Sheriff in real time. The city has offered the Internet feed of the dispatch channels for transparency. This feed is delayed 10 minutes, and only caries the dispatch talkgroups. It will not be possible to listen to Law Enforcement talkaround, TAC, or detective talkgroups as these are not part of the feed.:cry:(n):poop:
as of now is Phase 1...and eventually will be Phase 2 .

so if you dont have a phase 2 scanner...in the near future , you will need it... keep in mind LPD law is encrypted.

1555622801159.png

Attachments

• Lincoln001.JPG
    Lincoln001.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 16

33kracing

i was in/around lincoln/lancaster county on saturday passing thru to eagle, and my uniden is still picking up lpd/lso traffic, even though everyone says otherwise. it does sound "digitalized" due to the patch, but still coming thru. not even a delay, either. everything from lfr, to east/west dispatch for lpd, even admin/records checks, even expanded dispatch? is this some sort of mistake!?

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
i was in/around lincoln/lancaster county on saturday passing thru to eagle, and my uniden is still picking up lpd/lso traffic, even though everyone says otherwise. it does sound "digitalized" due to the patch, but still coming thru. not even a delay, either. everything from lfr, to east/west dispatch for lpd, even admin/records checks, even expanded dispatch? is this some sort of mistake!?

The digitized sound is from the new radio system, not due to the patch. There will be no delay when you're listening via a scanner but you're currently only able to do so because of the patch back to the old system. Once they remove the patch, real time listening to LPD/LSO will be gone.

aandersen55

Yes. I should update this. The patching/bridging has been restored. For now. Lincoln Fire is now begining testing and training for the transition.

scanomaha

Thanks for the update... Since I don't live near there....can you keep us posted on when they take the patch away? I know it's just a matter of time...and people in that area are lucky to hear stuff via~ the patch.

I have a copy of the programing sheet.
b74dccf0d75ebd8daa4cbacec90c81aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Take it 8tac5 is mutual aid 5 851.300?
Also is Midwest Med Midwest Medical private ambulance company or is there a new hospital?

Also why would you have the hospital as your home channel and not the dispatch channel?

Take it 8tac5 is mutual aid 5 851.300?
Also is Midwest Med Midwest Medical private ambulance company or is there a new hospital?

Also why would you have the hospital as your home channel and not the dispatch channel?

We have two radios. The new radio is in the back to report patient care. The Midwest tg is for the transport company I’d guess. I know we can call them for ALS.

And you are probably right about the mutual aid tac 5. I need to get my scanner up there so I can map the TGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Is Lincoln/Lancaster Co using Phase 2 or Phase 1? (yes I know law enforcement is encrypted)
Also are they allowed to roam to the VHF side of the system and if so are they phase 1 or 2 on the VHF side?

Status
Not open for further replies.