Can't get feeds to work on my webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
I have had my scanner feeds accessible from my webpage (www.southernpa.net) for over 2 years with NO issues.. Starting Friday, I can no longer get the audio to work on my site.. When I click on my YORK (or any other scanner link) Link, I get the Broadcastify box. It shows the feed status as on line and the number of listeners.. It also has the scrolling text showing the feed name as Broadcastify has it BUT I get the dreaded RED X saying something is wrong. I have spent several hours with tech support for my ISP and they show my end to be OK..
Any help would be appreciated

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
I have tried Safari, Chrome, IE, Firefox.. But the problem APPEARS to be on the RR/Broadcastify side when using the API..

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
I tried the page in IE 11 and Vivaldi (a fork of Chrome). The players showed up in IE 11, with the exception of York Fire and Police. The players which showed as online played, but not all of them are showing as online.

I was able to get the players to show up in Vivaldi, but none of them would play (not even the online ones).

You may wish to try the HTML5 player parameter and see if that addresses the problem.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Ok.. a little more information..this is on the end user side of the webpage.. I get the audio player boxes from broadcastify that show the status as online and the number of listeners.. The timer is showing 00:00 and not counting and there is a circle with a red X in it by the scroll bar.. I do not get any audio or indication that the webpage is even talking to broadcastify other than the on line status and listener count..

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
The timer is showing 00:00 and not counting and there is a circle with a red X in it by the scroll bar..

That's what I was getting in Vivaldi/Chrome. IE 11 plays them, though.

I tried playing the York Police feed in a test page using the HTML5 parameter in the URL, and it played just fine in both Vivaldi/Chrome and IE 11.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
what HTML5 parameter are you referring to? The HTML is supplied from Broadcastify and placed directly into the webpage to get the audio feed.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I don't mess with Broadcastify at all, but I can tell you right now that if they have HTML 5 web code, it is that code you should use. I see on your page that it wants me to use Flash, and I believe by 2020 Flash will become extinct, and thank God for that. HTML5 is the way to go today in terms of media embedding.

So change the code in your website to the code offered by Broadcastify to HTML5 code. That should clear up the mess with most if not all browsers today.

Looks like to get the actual HTML5 web code you need to go to the Embed Feed in a Web page section. Read here: Embedding Audio Feeds in Your Own Web Pages

Found this: http://forums.radioreference.com/threads/embed-the-html-5-audio-player.332483/

Last edited:

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
what HTML5 parameter are you referring to? The HTML is supplied from Broadcastify and placed directly into the webpage to get the audio feed.

There is a parameter you can place in the URL of your embedded player that will tell Broadcastify to display the HTML5 player rather than the Flash player. From poltergeisty's link:

1553642209366-png.69861

Add the "html5=1" parameter to the URL for your player and the HTML5 player will be displayed on the page.

poltergeisty is correct; the HTML5 player is preferable to a Flash player. HTML5 is now and the future, whereas Flash is a dinosaur.

Last edited:

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
OK.added html5 parameter.. Still no joy from the hosting server..Next !!

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
OK.. YES, you will hear it just fine on your pc.. I do too but when the code goes from my hosting server that's when it goes belly up..

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
if i paste the code into my browser it works fine but if I go to my webpage, it does not.. I am using the EXACT coding on the webpage but the player will not start playing if I am viewing it from the webpage

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
if i paste the code into my browser it works fine but if I go to my webpage, it does not.. I am using the EXACT coding on the webpage but the player will not start playing if I am viewing it from the webpage

I am looking at your web page Scanners – Southernpa.net right now and the York feeds are working as expected.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Well I'll be.. You are 100% correct.. I can hear it on IE but still dead on Firefox.. HTML5 was the trick for IE.. Now to find the elusive trick for Firefox and Chrome

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Well I'll be.. You are 100% correct.. I can hear it on IE but still dead on Firefox.. HTML5 was the trick for IE.. Now to find the elusive trick for Firefox and Chrome

It should work in FF and Chrome, as HTML5 is browser-agnostic. The HTML5 player works in Vivaldi, which is a fork of Chrome. Are you running any ad blockers?

Status
Not open for further replies.