PSR-800: Newb questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Received my pre-owned 800 this week and have a few questions. EZscan tells me I have the latest versions of CPU, DSP and Ezscan.

How can I tell from the radio which version of CPU and DSP is being used?

Still rolling the OEM antenna but when monitoring MARCS IP there is a break in the audio, almost like the radio is checking a priority channel but I don't think any priorities are enabled. Signal is full strength. When it goes quiet I see an A in the display, like it's shifting to analog?

Audio pitch is a bit to the high side for me as compared to my BCD436 and SDS100. Any means of adjusting EQ?

When I depress Menu and Power buttons I get a report of some firmware and waiting on USB connection, what is this for? Ezscan doesn't seem to recognize that the radio is waiting for something.

My display is difficult to see without the backlight. Is there a setting that enables the backlight when a signal is received? I can enable the backlight when under external power but not on battery power unless it's on all the time.

At least I am enjoying the learning process for object oriented scanning.....

DJ11DLN

Most of your questions will be answered here: Easier to Read Pro-668/PSR800 Digital Scanner and EZ-Scan/iScan Software Manual

Yes, the audio is crisper than the Uniden. For my no-longer-young ears, it is easier to understand. I always thought late model Uniden scanner audio sounded "muddy," especially when decoding digital.

You could try adjusting the contrast, that will help with the display visibility issues. And I believe you can enable the backlight to stay on when using batteries, though at the expense of some battery life.

marksmith

The menu/power combination is to set up the radio to receive a firmware type upload to the radio.

Doubt you will need that any more on the 800. You will just use the standard turn the radio off and plug in the usb for programming changes.

No way to modify the radio tone but it grows on you.

Mark
SDS100&200/536/436/WS1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Status
Not open for further replies.