Groton PD on CSERN ... But Not Troop E As CSERN Doesn't Work In Troop E Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if the buses are on the P25 system all the time yet. You could be monitoring both parts of the system. If the scanner gives you frequencies in addition to the talkgroup IDs, look at that. For Troop E, 700=P25, 800=Motorola 4.1

chris

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
Can any one give me the control channel for groton town on the haddam and the colchester tower. thanks

thom

Premium Subscriber
[QUbus with a tag of 4062 was on the troop E OTE="cg, post: 3122371, member: 25"]I don't know if the buses are on the P25 system all the time yet. You could be monitoring both parts of seat the system. If the scanner gives you frequencies in addition to the talkgroup IDs, look at that. For Troop E, 700=P25, 800=Motorola 4.1

chris[/QUOTE]
Seat Bus with a tag of 4062 was on the Troop E system this afternoon. The freq. was 771.6562. As I've said, unlike the troop, I get the Seat buses without my roof antenna. I don't know why I can't get Troop E or Groton Town Pd without the roof antenna.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Same frequencies, same repeaters, very strange. It is possible that the different brands of radios or different people programming the radios have settings that cause issues with the inexpensive radios (scanners), but that is speculation.
Groton Town doesn't have it's own control channel. The control channels for Troop F's P25 is in the database. Colchester P25 site is a single site and not the simulcast yet.

chris

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Why would any Groton radio be affiliated with anything in Avon?

You can listen to any talkgroup in the system provided it’s simulcast. Apparently, Groton PD’s TG is simulcast off the Avon site. (The Avon site would cover Hartford.) This would allow for Groton to be able to talk back to their dispatch from anywhere in the state provided simulcast was turned on for that local’s site. I live in Farmington, next door to Avon. I should be able to hear Groton as long as it’s linked (simulcast) off the Avon site. I think the need to simulcast is there. Say for example Groton has a need to report to Hartford for court appearances, etc...

mkt853

You can listen to any talkgroup in the system provided it’s simulcast. Apparently, Groton PD’s TG is simulcast off the Avon site. (The Avon site would cover Hartford.) This would allow for Groton to be able to talk back to their dispatch from anywhere in the state provided simulcast was turned on for that local’s site. I live in Farmington, next door to Avon. I should be able to hear Groton as long as it’s linked (simulcast) off the Avon site. I think the need to simulcast is there. Say for example Groton has a need to report to Hartford for court appearances, etc...
Eventually they'll strap certain talk groups to only work on certain sites.

snowscout

Question, what is the I.D. for Groton Long Point? I known "GLP" is on the CSERN system because they told the Groton RTM they bought their own radios for their police and patterned it after the Town Police.

mystic860

Hello all,
Please forgive my ignorance as I am fairly new to this. I have a BCT15x and can no longer get Groton PD as of recently. I understand they have moved to a new system that will require me to purchase a new scanner. Being new and not really understanding what is what yet I am looking for suggestions on a scanner capable to monitoring Groton PD.

Would this work BCD996P2 ? Appreciate any feedback.

Edit: ok reading through some other posts I see it is capable. That said I still would not mind some feedback on what folks think works best.

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I wish I could get CSERN from my place. I get it if I drive up the road but not from home :rolleyes::mad:

snowscout

I live in groton and i hear stonington better then groton.
Check your "Threshold" settings using RR's article on it! I found that a setting of "10" on my bsd325p2 made it easier to hear clearly what was being said and it rarely sounds distorted! But, yeah here's the but...you have to have a decent constant signal for this.

I talked to a TOG officer this morning and asked him his thoughts on the new radio system and he liked it! "Fewer "dead spots" but now you have to talk directly into the mike or your voice takes on that "drunken warbled voice" that's hard for anyone including the Dispatcher and fellow units to understand."

Status
Not open for further replies.