Passed the test, now I wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakews2217

For my name to show in the database. I took my technician test this morning, I was told week and 2 days and I should start looking in the database for my call sign. I’ve been listening but it sounds a little dead in my area, repeaters included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nogmxprt

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations on passing the test, I too just got my ticket. I had to wait about 7 business days for my call sign to show up in the data base.

Justin

k6cpo

In this day and age, there is no reason it should take more than 24 hours (48 hours if the exam is on a weekend) for call signs to appear in the FCC database. The VEC I run exams for consistently has results show up the following Monday morning for a Saturday exam and we've tested on a weekday morning and had the results appear in the database before the close of business THE SAME DAY.

The slowdown occurs because some VECs don't appear to trust that their VEs can accurately scan and e-mail the results. Instead, they have the VE mail the physical paperwork via the USPS instead. Even with Priority Mail this can take several days.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
For my name to show in the database. I took my technician test this morning, I was told week and 2 days and I should start looking in the database for my call sign. I’ve been listening but it sounds a little dead in my area, repeaters included.

Congratulations! I'm not a ham, but I envy you, I almost went for it a few times but I'm getting older and kind of content with my scanners. Maybe you can change things in your area and wake the dead! Godspeed! (y)

blakews2217

In this day and age, there is no reason it should take more than 24 hours (48 hours if the exam is on a weekend) for call signs to appear in the FCC database. The VEC I run exams for consistently has results show up the following Monday morning for a Saturday exam and we've tested on a weekday morning and had the results appear in the database before the close of business THE SAME DAY.

The slowdown occurs because some VECs don't appear to trust that their VEs can accurately scan and e-mail the results. Instead, they have the VE mail the physical paperwork via the USPS instead. Even with Priority Mail this can take several days.

I was told they mail them, I went through my local club, K9HAM.

blakews2217

Congratulations! I'm not a ham, but I envy you, I almost went for it a few times but I'm getting older and kind of content with my scanners. Maybe you can change things in your area and wake the dead! Godspeed! (y)

I had to Think on it for a while, decided to do it. You only live once.

Status
Not open for further replies.