• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HOT OFF THE PRESS " NX-5700HBF - 110W " announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Any word on the low band frequency range yet? Will there be one for the low end, and one for high end?
Unknown to me right now. Guys at IWCE could let us know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I have the latest price guide.
The low band model is listed as 39 to 50 Mhz

No, it does NOT list DMR as an option at this time. For either vhf high or low.

Sorry gang. Not for this release.
Big let down on my thoughts too.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I think not, it will say out of band but it will still go in. My k6 5300, I have a t band trunk system in Miami, and it works fine when I am down there...

allend

Premium Subscriber
I have the latest price guide.
The low band model is listed as 39 to 50 Mhz

No, it does NOT list DMR as an option at this time. For either vhf high or low.

Sorry gang. Not for this release.
Big let down on my thoughts too.

Well this all falls in-line with specs for CHP 39-50 mhz. Most CHP frequencies are 39-46 mhz.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
NX5600H and NX5700H are both available options in KPG-D1N v3.10. Also help documentation has been updated to include both.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Single band deck that can be multi deck.

Hams will by it. Already getting quote requests.

When it comes to hams, a request for a quote of something like that probably translates to 5% or less sales to hams. Hams are ridiculously cheap, myself excluded.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
When it comes to hams, a request for a quote of something like that probably translates to 5% or less sales to hams. Hams are ridiculously cheap, myself excluded.
But hams turn around and spend a fortune on that hf rig worth 10,000, and then drop 100 for a beufoung
Or 45 for a wauxon. Just depends on what cheap means to you.

I give quotes all week long.

Last edited:

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Just to be clear,
Is this rf deck coming with multiple bands or do you build the radio at 2k per band?
So a tri band radio is 6 or 7k?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Just to be clear,
Is this rf deck coming with multiple bands or do you build the radio at 2k per band?
So a tri band radio is 6 or 7k?

You build it one deck at a time.

Yeah, it gets expensive, but you only buy the bands you need, and you can always run multiple decks on the same bands.

Haven't seen or heard any mention of a mutliband Kenwood radio. Those are all over on the EF Johnson side of the house.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
This is a 110w mono band deck.
With the ke woods you can have 3 decks on one control head.
Viking vm7000 can do 4 decks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.