• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL/APX control head question (CHIB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Helping my boss upgrade from XTL to APX in his vehicles.
He has some 03 and 05 control heads currently on the XLT units.
He has an APX7500 and APX6500 so far. One with 05 control head and one with 07 control head.
He wants to remote mount them and we are finding that the CHIB is not working with the 07 head.
So im guessing the 03 and 05 head use one model / part number for the CHIB and the 07 uses a different one?
With the CHIB he is getting error FL 05 - 94
Can someone help me with the correct part number for the CHIB that will work with the 07 head.
Thanks in advance.

com501

Did you sync the radio and head?

Is your CHIB HLN1468?

There was a firmware change in the head/chib pairing sometime back on the XTL. Try a firmware refresh on the XTLs before switching to APX. If that doesn't work, maybe refresh the APX?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
CHIB S/T PHLN1002A KIT No HLN7041A

07 is PMHN4149A S/T PMHN4194B

Im familar with APX portables but never worked with Mobiles.
Ill pass along the syncing radio and head.

The 07 head works fine on the APX but when adding the CHIB it gives the error.
Unless the XTL firmware update also updates firmware in the CHIB?

sfd119

FYI you can't mix and match control heads, that could be part of your problem

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
FYI you can't mix and match control heads, that could be part of your problem
In the APX? You most certainly can do this, especially easy with single head remote mount radios. All you have to do is make sure you map all the appropriate buttons in the separate control head tabs under radio ergonomics. And with multiple control head instances, you can have both O2 and O7 at the same time.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I wanted to say thank you to those that took the time to reply and help me with this issue.
Yesterday i ordered PMUN1057 from a local moto dealer for our APX mobile o7 control head.
Thank you and hope everyone had a great weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.