Okmulgee County Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I've been logging Okmulgee frequencies extensively and I've been able to confirm 3 IP site connect ‘systems’ in Okmulgee county. The following frequencies are some sort of IP site connect (or whatever vendor flavor) since all traffic is on all repeaters and same slot at once. I believe there might be another IPSC system for all the small towns, but haven’t been able to confirm that one yet.

Some of the talkgroups and the names they are associated with are pulled from the DB, but they are on all frequencies on the systems they are listed under. [I wouldn't be surprised if 1060/1061 is actually Okmulgee City FD and 1210 is Okmulgee Co FD just based off of the systems and the CO vs City.] This is more of a post showing the three 'systems' and what TGs are showing up on.

System 1

154.1825 CC13
154.2500 CC13
154.9875 CC13
155.5200 CC13

TG: 8675309 Slot 2- Okmulgee SO
TG: 1060 Slot 1 - Okmulgee FD
TG: 1061 Slot 1 - Okmulgee FD TAC 1
TG: 1090 Slot 2- Beggs Fire

I haven’t seen the TG: 1031 (Okmulgee SO) so I'm sure they revamped it to the 8675309 TG.

===========================================
System 2
155.0025 CC13
155.4225 CC13
155.6475 CC13
155.3175 CC13

TG: 1030 Slot 1 Okmulgee CO EMS (Database has this TG as PD as well. All 100 or so hits I have are EMS related.)
TG: 1210 Slot 2 Okmulgee CO Fire
TG: 7524980 Slot 2 looks like the new Okmulgee PD TGID.

===================================================

System 3

155.7375 CC 13
155.8200 CC13
155.5950 CC13

TG: 1010 Slot 2 - Beggs Rural FD
TG: 1200 Slot 1 – Okmulgee County MA

Travis

Last edited:

N5TWB

I've been logging Okmulgee frequencies extensively and I've been able to confirm 3 IP site connect ‘systems’ in Okmulgee county. The following frequencies are some sort of IP site connect (or whatever vendor flavor) since all traffic is on all repeaters and same slot at once. I believe there might be another IPSC system for all the small towns, but haven’t been able to confirm that one yet.

Some of the talkgroups and the names they are associated with are pulled from the DB, but they are on all frequencies on the systems they are listed under. [I wouldn't be surprised if 1060/1061 is actually Okmulgee City FD and 1210 is Okmulgee Co FD just based off of the systems and the CO vs City.] This is more of a post showing the three 'systems' and what TGs are showing up on.

System 1

154.1825 CC13
154.2500 CC13
154.9875 CC13
155.5200 CC13

TG: 8675309 Slot 2- Okmulgee SO
TG: 1060 Slot 1 - Okmulgee FD
TG: 1061 Slot 1 - Okmulgee FD TAC 1
TG: 1090 Slot 2- Beggs Fire

I haven’t seen the TG: 1031 (Okmulgee SO) so I'm sure they revamped it to the 8675309 TG.

===========================================
System 2
155.0025 CC13
155.4225 CC13
155.6475 CC13
155.3175 CC13

TG: 1030 Slot 1 Okmulgee CO EMS (Database has this TG as PD as well. All 100 or so hits I have are EMS related.)
TG: 1210 Slot 2 Okmulgee CO Fire
TG: 7524980 Slot 2 looks like the new Okmulgee PD TGID.

===================================================

System 3

155.7375 CC 13
155.8200 CC13
155.5950 CC13

TG: 1010 Slot 2 - Beggs Rural FD
TG: 1200 Slot 1 – Okmulgee County MA

Travis

Good work in sleuthing all that out.

Is it just me or does all that make a huge waste of a lot of RF spectrum for not a lot of traffic? Asking for a friend...:cool:

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I am passing back through there tomorrow on the way back from Tulsa. I want to test out my setup I loaded, but I am not sure of some things about IPSC.......like, there are a lot of talkgroups available to be used it seems, but perhaps not enough frequencies to cover 2 TGs/Repeater? Or am I miscounting? Since IPSC is not trunking, just IP connected talkgroups for wide area multi/tower coverage of a single talkgroup, are the talkgroups restricted to an individual repeater pair at each tower site? If both slots are in use on that tower, or if a talkgroup's assigned slot is in use, will it give it a busy signal, or can the talkgroup move to an idle repeater pair at the same site? I am assuming not since it is just connected conventional, but I can't really find any good info that confirms either way.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Besides the last post, I have entered the system into the BCD436HP with two different configurations to test it out since this size of a DMR conventional system is new to me:

The first is as a DMR One Frequency Trunk with 5 sites, North, South and Central being the main multi repeater sites/areas and one frequency each for an East and West site for the little towns there. All known talkgroups are organized into departments like I would with any normal TRS.

The second is also as a DMR One Frequency Trunk, but with 25 separate sites for each frequency/repeater. Talkgroups are the same.

I don't want to miss anything, so I figured I would try both and see which one works.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Since IPSC is not trunking, just IP connected talkgroups for wide area multi/tower coverage of a single talkgroup, are the talkgroups restricted to an individual repeater pair at each tower site? If both slots are in use on that tower, or if a talkgroup's assigned slot is in use, will it give it a busy signal, or can the talkgroup move to an idle repeater pair at the same site? I am assuming not since it is just connected conventional, but I can't really find any good info that confirms either way.

As far as I know (a firmware or two version old) In Moto IPSC they are all connected to TG and Slot. I'm not 100% sure what their vendor flavor is, but so far everything has been on the same slot so it's likely locked down.

I'm certain their setup for IPSC is for coverage on each corner of the county. Really kind of overkill, as I can receive on my hand held from Broken Arrow and sometimes roams to the south site as well.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
As far as I know (a firmware or two version old) In Moto IPSC they are all connected to TG and Slot. I'm not 100% sure what their vendor flavor is, but so far everything has been on the same slot so it's likely locked down.

I'm certain their setup for IPSC is for coverage on each corner of the county. Really kind of overkill, as I can receive on my hand held from Broken Arrow and sometimes roams to the south site as well.
You would be correct. Both of my setups worked just fine. One frequency trunk system with 5 sites (N, E, S, W, C) and all the appropriate frequencies per site based on the transmitters physical locations. Interesting observation: SO Dispatch, OPD Dispatch, OC EMS Dispatch and Henryetta Fire Dispatch were all simulcasted across all 5 sites on each transmission. Henryetta PD, Beggs PD and OSU PD were all heard as well but confined to their single local site. I am considering putting together a submission for the local admin to create a DMR Conventional Networked system for this county as it should be set up based on how we are handling these systems, especially on the Ham side, throughout the database. With correct software, it will download and track fine for both whistler and Unidens from that format.

Status
Not open for further replies.