Firmware for bcd536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It sounded OK before when I had it on eight before the update now when I have it on the update it sounds Horrible

Try setting the Digital Threshold Mode to Manual with Digital Threshold Levels of 6 and 7 and 8.
If that does not help, set the Digital Threshold Mode back to Auto or Default. The Level setting does not apply in Default or Auto Modes regardless of where you set it, that setting only applies when using the Manual Digital Mode.

Hopefully one of the manual settings will work for you.

Rather than poorer audio sound from the speaker, it sounds like the system you are monitoring is not decoding correctly. Likely due to LSM problems. I did not see any post about changes with LSM issues between older and the newest Firmware versions though.
I could have overlooked those posts as I was not really looking for that.

When you are receiving the P25 system with the bad audio, Press and release the silver function knob. Within a second or less, also press and release the Volume knob. This will give you digital decode info on the top line of the display. Watch the number(s) shown after the letters ERR:. That should be zero (0) or stay low like 8 or less. If that ERR value is jumping up higher than say 8, you are seeing bad decodes most likely from LSM problems. Also, while seeing the digital info on the top line, you can press and release the silver function knob and then rotate it left and right to change the value displayed before where it should say MAN. That is the level you initially set when trying a Manual mode. Adjust it up and down between 6 and 12 while watching the ERR: numbers. Adjust that level for the lowest ERR count. If you wait too long between adjustments, you need to press and release the silver function knob again as it times out after a second or two if you are not changing the MAN setting.
The ERR: reading is also only valid when an unencrypted talkgroup is actually talking. That's when you want to make adjustments to the MAN level setting.
You can see the digital info when you are in Auto mode also, you just can't adjust the level. If Auto mode always gives you near zero ERR readings, that's probably the mode you should leave the Digital mode set too.
For my area, I must use Manual Digital Modes for all digital systems including DMR and NXDN in addition to P25 systems.
Do these tests with just the trouble system being monitored.

Can you paste a link to the system you are having problems with?
Also, type in which Site you have programmed for the system you give a link too. For testing, you should really only have the nearest site programmed in. You can have all the sites within range in your system but just avoid all but the nearest.

Also, what do the little signal strength bars show when receiving just this problem system?
Maybe list a few of the talkgroup numbers you are monitoring when hearing the choppy audio.

I see Camden Counties system is a Phase 2 P25 system that is Simulcast. Is this the bad system?
The Burlington County system is a Type 2 Smartzone system using Digital talkgroups. It does not appear to be a simulcast system. I'm pretty sure the Digital Mode settings and Levels still work on Type 2 Smartzone systems. What works for one counties system may need to be a different setting for the other counties system. Is this Burlington County system the one with the bad audio? Or are both system bad now?

Last edited:

joey123

Try setting the Digital Threshold Mode to Manual with Digital Threshold Levels of 6 and 7 and 8.
If that does not help, set the Digital Threshold Mode back to Auto or Default. The Level setting does not apply in Default or Auto Modes regardless of where you set it, that setting only applies when using the Manual Digital Mode.

Hopefully one of the manual settings will work for you.

Rather than poorer audio sound from the speaker, it sounds like the system you are monitoring is not decoding correctly. Likely due to LSM problems. I did not see any post about changes with LSM issues between older and the newest Firmware versions though.
I could have overlooked those posts as I was not really looking for that.

When you are receiving the P25 system with the bad audio, Press and release the silver function knob. Within a second or less, also press and release the Volume knob. This will give you digital decode info on the top line of the display. Watch the number(s) shown after the letters ERR:. That should be zero (0) or stay low like 8 or less. If that ERR value is jumping up higher than say 8, you are seeing bad decodes most likely from LSM problems. Also, while seeing the digital info on the top line, you can press and release the silver function knob and then rotate it left and right to change the value displayed before where it should say MAN. That is the level you initially set when trying a Manual mode. Adjust it up and down between 6 and 12 while watching the ERR: numbers. Adjust that level for the lowest ERR count. If you wait too long between adjustments, you need to press and release the silver function knob again as it times out after a second or two if you are not changing the MAN setting.
The ERR: reading is also only valid when an unencrypted talkgroup is actually talking. That's when you want to make adjustments to the MAN level setting.
You can see the digital info when you are in Auto mode also, you just can't adjust the level. If Auto mode always gives you near zero ERR readings, that's probably the mode you should leave the Digital mode set too.
For my area, I must use Manual Digital Modes for all digital systems including DMR and NXDN in addition to P25 systems.
Do these tests with just the trouble system being monitored.

Can you paste a link to the system you are having problems with?
Also, type in which Site you have programmed for the system you give a link too. For testing, you should really only have the nearest site programmed in. You can have all the sites within range in your system but just avoid all but the nearest.

Also, what do the little signal strength bars show when receiving just this problem system?
Maybe list a few of the talkgroup numbers you are monitoring when hearing the choppy audio.

I see Camden Counties system is a Phase 2 P25 system that is Simulcast. Is this the bad system?
The Burlington County system is a Type 2 Smartzone system using Digital talkgroups. It does not appear to be a simulcast system. I'm pretty sure the Digital Mode settings and Levels still work on Type 2 Smartzone systems. What works for one counties system may need to be a different setting for the other counties system. Is this Burlington County system the one with the bad audio? Or are both system bad now?
The Camden county system is the bad audio it was ok until I downloaded the new firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.