Civil Air Patrol exercise Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
They are also referencing teams to make contact on Mt. Elden Repeater. This should be 148.150 151.4 PL, but I cannot receive this from my location.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
There is also activity on CAP Guard 150.225 162.2 PL Simplex. There are also references to White Tanks Repeater. This should be 148.150 88.5 PL, but I cannot receive this.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I don't have an HF radio, but it might be worth listening to the Net 6 frequencies for activity:
2379, 4512, 4627, 7416, 10550, 12183, 14457, 16333, 22872, and 26617 (all frequencies in KHz)

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I remember for a hot minute they advocated both, and maintained mix mode repeaters. Least thats what documents showed from years past. The last time they participated in a search was all analog, IF I remember correctly.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for posting information on this exercise John! This proved to be an active afternoon of CAP monitoring. I would not have been paying attention to CAP frequencies if you had not posted this. We all gained some great information that can be used for monitoring a real event in the future!

The USAF will be evaluating the CAP on their readiness to conduct operations in support of FEMA.
There may be communications activity to monitor.

Arizona Wing » Air Force Team to Evaluate Readiness of Civil Air Patrol Members Across Arizona to Conduct Disaster Relief/ Search and Rescue Missions

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

Thanks for posting information on this exercise John! This proved to be an active afternoon of CAP monitoring. I would not have been paying attention to CAP frequencies if you had not posted this. We all gained some great information that can be used for monitoring a real event in the future!

You're welcome. Since I was at work at 3am, and I took a nap after eating lunch after I got home, I myself didn't do any listening. But, I'm glad others got to.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.