BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

budevans

So, for me not needing the clock to be repaired, would this campaign cover the replacement of the main board if only my display was "dim"? In other words, would Uniden work the display into the repair campaign without the clock having an issue? Thanks!
Yes. The repair fixes the Clock, dim led backlights and C1 capacitor. Just contact Uniden support.

wise871

Database Admin
Uniden doesn’t send a notification, you contact them for the clock/dim backlight and they will send you a shipping label. Other repairs are not included unless paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the email they sent they do.

“Thank you for your submission to the BCDX36HP Repair Campaign.

When we are ready for you to send in your unit, you will receive an email with instructions on how to do so. Once we receive your unit(s), we will expedite your repair and ship it back to you as quickly as possible.”

Tramagod

According to the email they sent they do.

“Thank you for your submission to the BCDX36HP Repair Campaign.

When we are ready for you to send in your unit, you will receive an email with instructions on how to do so. Once we receive your unit(s), we will expedite your repair and ship it back to you as quickly as possible.”

I had to have my 536 repaired in the early part of the campaign, I did not receive a notification, I had to contact Uniden who then sent me a shipping label, I guess things change over time.

wise871

Database Admin
I had to have my 536 repaired in the early part of the campaign, I did not receive a notification, I had to contact Uniden who then sent me a shipping label, I guess things change over time.

I just sent it in with instructions and reference number. I still have to pay for getting the scroll knob fixed but I made notes to have them take a look at the campaign fixes.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Quick Internet search still comes up with this. Most of it has been stated before.

BCDX36HP Repair Campaign

Yes. I know where to find the repair campaign information. The question was if they would fix the display under the repair campaign, without having the clock issue since it is on the same board.

hsdtech

Yes. I know where to find the repair campaign information. The question was if they would fix the display under the repair campaign, without having the clock issue since it is on the same board.

Well thats what i'm hoping for, I mean they know there is a problem with these radios from the factory. I sent my 436 in, they received it in their service dept last Monday. Still no update. I didn't have the clock problem, but the display seemed dim. I also read here about the capacitor fix for uhf reception. I included a note for them to upgrade the board and capacitor. So I hope they just do it without giving me a problem.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well thats what i'm hoping for, I mean they know there is a problem with these radios from the factory. I sent my 436 in, they received it in their service dept last Monday. Still no update. I didn't have the clock problem, but the display seemed dim. I also read here about the capacitor fix for uhf reception. I included a note for them to upgrade the board and capacitor. So I hope they just do it without giving me a problem.
For the 436HP. correcting the dim display requires replacing the main system board, so that should correct the capacitor issue as well.

hsdtech

I just checked my status and they DID change the control board (I didn't have the clock issue). It is shipped and I get it back on Friday. So at least in my case the answer is Yes.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Got both my 436 and 536 back today but they kept my micro sd card from the 436, ouch! I didn't think to remove it before I shipped it 2 weeks ago. The 536 works same as before the repair, I'll see how well the clock works when I turn it off tonight.

Gotta dig through my junk box for another SD card.....:mad:

silagi

Premium Subscriber
I am currently looking to buy a second hand BCD436HP2. Is there a serial number cut off where these issues were taken care of in production?

wise871

Database Admin
My 536 has been sitting in Uniden Repair for almost 3 weeks now. What the normal turn around these days?

wise871

Database Admin
20 working days give or take. When did they receive it ?

They received it the week prior by UPS but logged it in on April 26 and sent me a received email. I guess I have another week to go then.

wise871

Database Admin
My scanner is in it's way back. I sent it in for the VFO/Select inop and they changed part S701. I had to pay for that repair. I also signed it up for the Repair Campaign and wrote the ref# on the repair document but there is no mention of it being looked at or worked on the ticket. UPMan, how do I know if they worked that also? I have a SRO and Reference# for both repairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.