MCSO Dispatch Districts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning,

I have a question regarding MCSO Dispatch Districts. Am I right that West is Patrol Districts 2 & 3 and East is basically everything else except for Lakes?

Rich

KB7MIB

Yes.

But, Lakes is frequently patched with East, especially during the work week, due to dispatcher shortages. On weekends, it should be stand-alone, due to increased public activity on the recreational lakes and the Salt River recreation area. At least in the more active summer season.

I wish each district had its own dispatch channel, (with a West and East car-to-car, and a West tac (2 & 3), Northeast tac (4 & 7), and a Southeast tac (1 & 6), as well as a Lakes tac channel), and MCSO had a sufficient number of dispatchers to handle them. We could tailor our listening to what we want to hear, rather than having to listen to basically half the county at once.

And perhaps Lake Pleasant, being so far removed from the rest of the lakes and the Salt River, could have it's own dispatch channel.

I'd focus on District 3 and Lake Pleasant, myself.

John
Peoria

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Yes.

But, Lakes is frequently patched with East, especially during the work week, due to dispatcher shortages. On weekends, it should be stand-alone, due to increased public activity on the recreational lakes and the Salt River recreation area. At least in the more active summer season.

I wish each district had its own dispatch channel, (with a West and East car-to-car, and a West tac (2 & 3), Northeast tac (4 & 7), and a Southeast tac (1 & 6), as well as a Lakes tac channel), and MCSO had a sufficient number of dispatchers to handle them. We could tailor our listening to what we want to hear, rather than having to listen to basically half the county at once.

And perhaps Lake Pleasant, being so far removed from the rest of the lakes and the Salt River, could have it's own dispatch channel.

I'd focus on District 3 and Lake Pleasant, myself.

John
Peoria

Thanks John,

I added a few of the Common TGs as well and found that the Info TG is quite active. One of the Spec TGs had some CID activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.