DSDPlus FMPP bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

OMG. I can't believe I didn't see it. Unbelievable.

My profound apologies to the DSD+ author and everyone else whose time I've wasted in this thread.

Mods - Please lock this down. It would be great if you could just delete the whole mess so nobody else gets trapped.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
OMG. I can't believe I didn't see it. Unbelievable.

My profound apologies to the DSD+ author and everyone else whose time I've wasted in this thread.

Mods - Please lock this down. It would be great if you could just delete the whole mess so nobody else gets trapped.

I never could figure out if it was an extraction error. I ALWAYS extract all files without fail. Plus, I had extracted the version that contained fmpp.cfg yet it did not exist. Strange things happen. The only think I can think of is I'd used WinZip for that version where I'd normally use WinRAR which is also on the approved extractor list.
I don't get it. I also usually count the compressed files and then make sure I have the same amount with the A attribute set when done extracting.

Oh well, stranger things have happened with computers since I've been messing with them long before the personal computer was ever brought to market.

W5RGP

Uh, yeah, somebody pointed that out already. This is why it is best to read a thread before commenting.

Kinda like you not paying attention to what your complaining about if you had looked before posting you would have had no need in posting also [emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Dave - were you able to get FMPP working with SDRPlay RSPDuo? I have the SDRPlay RSP (version 1), but haven't tried it with FMPP. I'm wondering what functions work (if any) with FMPP. My RSP is now used as a panadapter for my Kenwood HF radio.

D

DaveNF2G

I got the CC mode receiver working. There are a few caveats I want to point out before moving on to the VC portion.

This is my original command line for starting the RTL receiver:
C:\DSDPlus.0695-1.1\FMP24.exe -i1 -o20001 -P0 -f856.1125 -g40 -rc

The -i1, -P0 and -g40 parameters generated error messages (invalid command line parameter) from FMPP, so I had to eliminate them.

This command line works with FMPP and the RSPDuo:
C:\DSDPlus.0695-1.1\FMPP.exe -o20001 -f856.1125 -rc

Note that the FMPP command line parameters listed in the latest NOTES.TXT indicate that the -i switch is still valid. The FMPP.cfg file starts with a new line for a list of RSP device numbers, which in mine is blank, so that might have caused the error.

Now on to testing voice channel tracking with the Duo...

D

DaveNF2G

Here is what happened when I tried to start the Duo's second receiver for voice following:

Annotation 2019-05-22 101354.jpg

I need to figure out how to populate the serial number list in FMPP.cfg.

DRL-XM43

I got the CC mode receiver working. There are a few caveats I want to point out before moving on to the VC portion.

This is my original command line for starting the RTL receiver:
C:\DSDPlus.0695-1.1\FMP24.exe -i1 -o20001 -P0 -f856.1125 -g40 -rc

The -i1, -P0 and -g40 parameters generated error messages (invalid command line parameter) from FMPP, so I had to eliminate them.

This command line works with FMPP and the RSPDuo:
C:\DSDPlus.0695-1.1\FMPP.exe -o20001 -f856.1125 -rc

Note that the FMPP command line parameters listed in the latest NOTES.TXT indicate that the -i switch is still valid. The FMPP.cfg file starts with a new line for a list of RSP device numbers, which in mine is blank, so that might have caused the error.

Now on to testing voice channel tracking with the Duo...

The comma you have in there will fail it not -i1 -P0 and -g40 (without the comma)

Status
Not open for further replies.