• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 flashcode option

Status
Not open for further replies.

katt02

Katt
Hi all,

I have an xts3000 model 2 with this current flashcode:
519008-001600-3
Q806/G806 IMBE / APCO-25 Digital Operation
H14/G114 Digital ID Display
H101,G101,H169 Conventional Repeater Access (Analog Operation Only)(MDC1200 or Singletone)
G170/H43 Remote Monitor and Radio Trace
H46 One-Touch Operation
H38/G51 Smartzone Operation
W947/Q947 APCO Packet Data
Q387 Conventional voting scan
Q173/ G173Smartzone OmniLink Operation

I was reading that with IMBE operation, it is impossible to have software encryption. Of course, I would like to legally obtain from a dealer or authorized person the upgrade for software encryption. If I were to do this, would they be able to do it?(I do understand that moto does not support this radio anymore but this questions is hypothetical)

Also, completly unrelated, as I am currently studing how the flashcode hexadecimal system works, would this work as a valid flashcode?
519008-58968-X(i have not figured out the hexadecimal checksum)
Q806/G806 IMBE / APCO-25 Digital Operation
H14/G114 Digital ID Display
H101,G101,H169 Conventional Repeater Access (Analog Operation Only)(MDC1200 or Singletone)
G170/H43Remote Monitor and Radio TraceH46One-Touch Operation
H38/G51 Smartzone OperationQ181Add StatAlert (MDC1200) Features
H07 Multikey software encryption
Q351 MODAT Operation
W947/Q947 APCO Packet Data
Q190 Channel change ID
Q387 Conventional voting scan
Q173/G173 Smartzone OmniLink Operation
Q361/G361 Digital APCO-25 IMBE Trunking (9600kb Control)

Finally, what is Q190? What does channel change ID do?
Thanks, Katt

Will001

Premium Subscriber
The software encryption (ADP) is only available on Astro25 radios (XTS5000, 2500, etc.) As far as the second part of your question goes, I have no idea how the Flashcode system works...I will be interested to see the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
That flash is not valid as it is missing a digit. You can't have Q190 on the Astro line. Q361 only works on 800 MHz and requires specific firmware. The newest firmware will not work. Have a look at the Batlabs flashcode primer to understand how the flashcodes work.
http://batlabs.com/arc/flash.doc

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
The software encryption (ADP) is only available on Astro25 radios (XTS5000, 2500, etc.) As far as the second part of your question goes, I have no idea how the Flashcode system works...I will be interested to see the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not entirely true -- older XTS3000's with VSELP digital voice did have software based encryption available. Of course as the OP and others know that option is totally incompatible with any P25 IMBE digital voice options.

katt02

Katt
Thanks for these replys, all information is helpful at this time. I have looked at that flash doc that rescue161 was talking about and it was helpful.

That flash is not valid as it is missing a digit. You can't have Q190 on the Astro line. Q361 only works on 800 MHz and requires specific firmware. The newest firmware will not work. Have a look at the Batlabs flashcode primer to understand how the flashcodes work.
http://batlabs.com/arc/flash.doc

What exactly is Q190? I know it is change channel ID but I am unsure what that means.

finally, I guess I wont be able to use software encryption, If I were to add an encryption board to my radio would I have to have the flashcode changed at all to support it? Also, is there any way to load encryption keys without a KVL?

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Adding an enc board doesn't require a flashcode change. The radio firmware will just pick it up. As for loading encryption keys, a KVL is your only option. An ADP key can be loaded via the CPS as I recall. But only ADP keys can be loaded via CPS.

katt02

Katt
Ok. Will all encryption boards do adp? I though adp was the software encryption thst I cant have with Astro25

katt02

Katt
Ok. My bad. Does anyone know whatQ190 channel change Id is? I see that I cannot have it on my radio but I am still interested in what it could do on future models

Last edited:

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
I don't believe any EMC's for the original ASTRO series (incl. XTS3000) had ADP as an option, AFAIK the EMC's support: DES-XL, DES-OFB, DVI-XL, DVP-XL, and AES-256. All of which would require access to a KVL to keyload them.

Q190 was a flashcode option on the Jedi (MTS2000/MCS2000). It causes the radio to have a kind of "affiliation" mechanism for conventional systems using MDC1200.

Status
Not open for further replies.